Misc 0
Monsters Infight = 221
Works with iwad, just not pwads.

I think the -file command should come before each PWAD loaded, like this:

gzdoom -file abc.wad -file xyz.wad -deh infight.deh

scifista42 said:

I think the -file command should come before each PWAD loaded, like this:

gzdoom -file abc.wad -file xyz.wad -deh infight.deh

Thanks, that did the trick. I've always managed to load them with a single "-file" just haven't tried loading a pwad with a dehacked patch before.

You can also just drag-and-drop all the files you want to load onto gzdoom.exe and it will load them all, regardless of whether they're wads or dhe patches.

plums said:

You can also just drag-and-drop all the files you want to load onto gzdoom.exe and it will load them all, regardless of whether they're wads or dhe patches.

I did try that. I think maybe that method wasn't working is because I loaded a savegame from before I used the dehacked patch, hence it wasn't doing what it was supposed to, does that sound right?

invictius said:

I loaded a savegame from before I used the dehacked patch, hence it wasn't doing what it was supposed to, does that sound right?

yep

Also repeating -file is not needed and should not lead to any difference. In fact, you can omit -file entirely with ZDoom.

Gez said:

yep

Also repeating -file is not needed and should not lead to any difference. In fact, you can omit -file entirely with ZDoom.

Dehacked patches should also work when specified in the "autoload" section of the .ini, shouldn't they?

I can't say I'd ever want to autoload a dehacked patch, so I don't know. I think however the file has to be named dehacked.whatever to be recognized as a dehacked lump if you don't load it with -deh.