Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MaCvILeWhOrE

how do you rename the file extension on mp3s?

Since maonth told me how to put it in to zdoom, how the hell
do you rename the file extension so i can rename the .mp3
to .lmp?

I promise this will be the last question of the sort ok?

Hmm... this question is very unclear! But let me give you more choises to rename .mp3 to .lmp!
1. With Windows; right click on the object and then "rename" :-)
2. With DOS; type in "ren xxxxx.mp3 xxxxx.lmp
3. Don't rename it! Get an editor like ZETH, DEU, DETH; they are DOS based! Start them and be sure, that the MP3 File is in the Same directory as the EDITOR (you have also to change some stuff in the .INI File of the Editor)! Then type, after you started the Editor "i xxxxx.mp3 D_RUNNIN" Then the Editor will create a WAD File in which there is a lump called D_RUNNIN with your MP3 :-)

xxxxx.mp3 is your MP3 File, as you know!
D_RUNNIN is only an example! You can also call it D_MP31 or FUCKYOU :-P

You don't have to put the MP3 in your WAD. You can just called it D_RUNNIN.MP3 and put it in the skins sub-directory of the directory you have ZDoom in.

It sounds weird, but it works :)

Tormentor667 said:

Hmm... this question is very unclear! But let me give you more choises to rename .mp3 to .lmp!
1. With Windows; right click on the object and then "rename" :-)
2. With DOS; type in "ren xxxxx.mp3 xxxxx.lmp
3. Don't rename it! Get an editor like ZETH, DEU, DETH; they are DOS based! Start them and be sure, that the MP3 File is in the Same directory as the EDITOR (you have also to change some stuff in the .INI File of the Editor)! Then type, after you started the Editor "i xxxxx.mp3 D_RUNNIN" Then the Editor will create a WAD File in which there is a lump called D_RUNNIN with your MP3 :-)

xxxxx.mp3 is your MP3 File, as you know!
D_RUNNIN is only an example! You can also call it D_MP31 or FUCKYOU :-P

SWEET man, thanks, it worx now. You guys are the best.Thanks so much.

NiGHTMARE said:

You don't have to put the MP3 in your WAD. You can just called it D_RUNNIN.MP3 and put it in the skins sub-directory of the directory you have ZDoom in.

Yeah, but he asked how he couyld put it INTO a wad, dummy!

Besides, the Skin trick doesnt work in ZDooM Beta 10...

NiGHTMARE said:

I just read your post about renaming the mp3. but how do you play the mp3 when you're in the game?

ZDoom loads everything in the skins directory automatically, so it'll start playing when you go to the relevant level(s).