Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wasted

Doom 3 monsters uploaded

Doom 3 monsters... First point in that: it's AI scripts of course... i think thats the right way to make them(monsters) be original is laying in their original behavior without player activity and behavior(usually its agressive, hehehe...8)) on players appearance.

The big step was made in Quake2: for different levels there were different monster types(to secure/ to eluminate/ to make reasearches(or whatever it was) and so on... But the normal status of them without player were to hold position and patrol. They were always make offencive combats when player get closer or just make a move.

The new thing is to make them be more dangerous/ funny/ intresting is to intergrate them in to (yeah, it comes again...8)) environment. For example: its a level with mines and some type of monsters controls the process: working with machines/ computers, and others retriving the minerals/ cds/ information datas. Also they can repare their comrades or battle machines and so on...

World should live/ regulate/ control itself by its own rules, without player. Another point in monsters behavior(i beginning to talk like teachers do...8)) its to provide them original reaction by creating original script for reaction of each type of monsters. No need to make ''new and smart AI''- just make the rather different behavior for monsters, for example: small and weak troops running away when you met them alone/ or without commander and after they attacking you in quantity more then 2 or 3. And big, bad and huge monsters (Kakodemons, Barons and etc.) could provide instant carnage even on other monsters when meets the player and so on... It must be different behavior for each type of monsters!!!...
Well, it could be so...

I like your idea about giving monsters more control in the game world. I mean, there's only so much you can do with mindless zombies running around -- those UAC installations don't take care of themselves, you know.
Of course Cacodemons and Imps don't fit this role, though I could imagine Zombie humans working with machinery and the like. Nothing fancy: just like in Soldier of Fortune or something - patrolling bases, opening the occasional gate or running towards you with C4 strapped to their bodies.

Yeah, Kakodemons are could have ability to supervise zombies at work and patrol areas ans so on...

P.S. Mettalica rules (especially first five albums...)

Generally a good idea. We talked several times about it and figured out how clever/dumb every type of monster should be and what they do when before they get aware of you. I remember one idea (who had it?), that the archvile worships his dark gods when he´s alone, I liked that :)
But I think the zombies shouldn´t be able to work with machines, I want the Zombies really dumb and almost mindless, just standing arround, silent suffering, and attacking you when you come in sight. The Imps should be much cleverer and teamworking, like a pack, the way Hakx described it.
The Bull Demons should be almost animal-like and totally agressive, and the Barons are maybe too posh to work with machines :)
What about a new monster type, which is something like an engineer? A cybernetic creature like the Arachnotron maybe.

I can just imagine an imp sitting down typing on a keyboard and doing some kind of work in a laboratory, maybe operating heavy machinery.

Wonder what the demons would be doing?

wasted said:

Yeah, Kakodemons are could have ability to supervise zombies at work and patrol areas ans so on...

P.S. Mettalica rules (especially first five albums...)

load is my favorite album. it sthe one that got me hooked so its staying in that position for a while. but master of puppets is a masterpeice. its unbelievable, and it has the best coverart

masterhassan said:

load is my favorite album.

Cool :) I do like the load/reloads more than any of their others, but Ride The Lightning is up there with the rest of em. The first I hate, Master is cool, but I'm just not always in the mood for it. And Justice For All the band apologized for, so I don't really need to say I don't think it's any good at all. Self-titled was like half-good, half-bad. You could tell they only had a little material to work with. My only gripe with Load/Reload is that they are just a little too slow overall. I upped the tempos by about 120-140% in some software I have and burnt those to my own CDs, so they're much more enjoyable for me now ;)

Disorder said:

It's Metallica, not Mettalica...

yeah its Metallica, right... Ride the lightning was tthe best album. With Load/Reload they've changed. Metallica after black album is different from Metallica of Kill'em all/ Ride the lightning/ Master/ Justice4all... But they still kicking ass...