Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

You want to both iwads shares the same textures sets?

You want to both iwads shares the same textures sets?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. You want to both iwads shares the same textures sets?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • That dont matter for me.

First of all: i know of this can cause a heavy headcache for who control the "wad maker" but why we dont merge the both iwads (Chapter 1 & 2) textures to make it more cool?

Chapter 1 has just a small set of textures to work on also it still has some (not all) of doom2 textures in (ex: metal2), so i dont see a reason for not do a complete merging of the both textures pack, seriosly it can help a lot the thematics on chapter 1.

Techinical note: While doom2 cannot hold the switchs from doom1, doom1 supports them all whitout issue. (except animated walls from plutonia and tnt, also i think the same applies foom doom2)

i really want the merge most because of the rock walls presents in chapter 2 to make mostly enjoyable outsides, i dont think that hurt them.

Edit: sorry if the poll is a bit messed up its my first try in this version of forum.

Freedm is near identical to freedoom2 whit addiction of banners. (i dont think that's usefull for a coop wads)

6 hours ago, Xindage said:

i really want the merge most because of the rock walls presents in chapter 2 to make mostly enjoyable outsides, i dont think that hurt them.

But you can add just the textures, that you actually need. Right?

So why add a huge amount of textures that probably won't be used?

Maybe I'm missing something, then please explain it to me.

Is this necessary? It can be done, but it'll take some time. Is the effort worth it?

I would like to see a FreeTnT Or at least have the TNT textures redone and used in some of the maps.

Tnt is still very forgotten in freedoom, for other side plutonia is getting lot of upgrades, and its looking cool.