Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Need feedback on my first game-ready 3D models.

Hello everyone,

So my mapping endeavors have determined me to take up 3D modeling so that I can become a game-developer. Through mapping I discovered that I have a passion for buildings, props and atmosphere and decided to take it to the next level. I am mostly interested in Environment Art such as props and modular architectural pieces.

Anyway, I have been doing this for about three months and started making game-ready models this month, which have all been posted on my Sketchfab account. Until now, it was just renders but now I am currently working on 3D models that will culminate in a medieval interior made in Unreal Engine 4.

Anyway, here are my models. What do you think of them? Is my progress good for being 3 months in? I can show you some of my renders too if you want.

https://sketchfab.com/Fenes.Octavian

The models and textures for the most part look solid. The geometry on a few of them such as the barrels seems too low poly for Unreal Engine 4. You probably could afford to subdivide it more at least a bit. Overall they look pretty good.

8 hours ago, Reaper8888 said:

The models and textures for the most part look solid. The geometry on a few of them such as the barrels seems too low poly for Unreal Engine 4. You probably could afford to subdivide it more at least a bit. Overall they look pretty good.

I am still not sure how low is too low-poly and how to determine how many I can use.

Not sure about subdivision, I mean that also adds geometry where none is needed.

Site seems 404 at the moment.

Those models look good to me, I think any visual problems they have are probably more due to the lighting than anything. The textures have a good amount of detail.

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to do at some point, but I don't have the time and can't afford any good 3D modelling software. Not to mention the fact that I don't have a good enough computer anyway. In time, perhaps.

Regardless, this is good stuff! You've clearly got talent and room for improvement.

14 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Those models look good to me, I think any visual problems they have are probably more due to the lighting than anything. The textures have a good amount of detail.

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to do at some point, but I don't have the time and can't afford any good 3D modelling software. Not to mention the fact that I don't have a good enough computer anyway. In time, perhaps.

Regardless, this is good stuff! You've clearly got talent and room for improvement.

I use Blender and it's free. Don't be put off by "free", Blender can do anything paid software can do. 

If I can learn 3D modeling then you certainly can too.