Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Inside out

I remember the first time I played Doom, and I got the rocket launcher and shot a zombie, and he turned inside out. It may be one of the grossest deaths in video game history, but one thought was racing through my head, besides the fact that I wanted to barf, and that was: HUH???? Am I the only person in the world completely confused as to why someone would turn inside out after being shot with a rocket, or is there a logical explanation?

Oh, please. You expect a game where you can fall 10000000 feet and not take any damage to have a realistic rocket -> corpse physics model? :P

Heh yeah, come on its doom, not the most logical game anyways. Just listen to the soothing *splats* and be done with it. Plus, its fun to create that REALLY REALLY big staricase and send a gibbed zombie down it with a rocket.

Heh. Logic? Anyway, look closely, shoot some more rockets: they're not turned inside out, they just burst open. By the way, tell me if you also vomit when you watch Tom and Jerry...

Then again, maybe they do turn inside out... cause they're really pissed off at you for what you did to them. Shooting rockets is a naughty thing, you know.

FOOSH! ...BOOM! ...SLOP!

PS: The first time I played doom I was luckier than you, I died in E1M1. No rockets there.

Heh. When I was first playing it, my friend and I were making light of the gore.

Anyone remember playing E1M9 and blasting imps off the towers in a rain of guts?
We'd say "I love you" and pull the trigger.

My friend said that somehow the exploding characters reminded him of cake, and for me and a group of people, the name stuck. Everytime I reduce something to a pile of guts in any game, I refer to cake.
"I just caked that guard."