Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Paranoid: 10 new screenshots

Well it looks really good, but there are gonna be differences between Paranoid and Half Life, right? Otherwise, it may be a bit pointless :P

Mik57 said:

Well it looks really good, but there are gonna be differences between Paranoid and Half Life, right? Otherwise, it may be a bit pointless :P

Well, yes and no. Map01 is as close to being an identical replica of Map01 (Sector C) of Half-Life as GZDooM allows. I did this because it fits into the story-line of Paranoid (yes, there is a story-line). Maps02 through 05 are 100% my own maps and are not based on any H-L maps. Any other maps I create outside of the Map01-05 hub will be original as well.

The enemies behave (and look) like the Half-Life originals, with some differences. The biggest thing missing will be Team Behavior. I don't plan to use all the enemies of H-L in Maps 01-05 (although I'll most certainly use them, without much behavior modification via DECORATE, if I build the stand-alone maps that I'm considering beyond the 5-map hub).

The weapons will behave (and look) like the H-L originals, but with some differences. Again, I don't plan to use all the weapons of H-L in the game (and this includes the extended map set, if it gets done).

To make a long story short, Maps01-05 will look and feel like H-L. Any other maps will look like H-L but will play like DooM (i.e., swarms of enemies with little or no behavior changes from the DooM enemies that they replace).

Alright, that sounds good then. A complete replica of half life done in OpenGL probably wouldn't serve much purpose.

BTW Screens do look cool.

ReX said:

The enemies behave (and look) like the Half-Life originals, with some differences. The biggest thing missing will be Team Behavior. I don't plan to use all the enemies of H-L in Maps 01-05 (although I'll most certainly use them, without much behavior modification via DECORATE, if I build the stand-alone maps that I'm considering beyond the 5-map hub).

actually, HL's enemies don't appear to be that much above the IQ of the average imp, so doom's gameplay is ok with me. the maps look very faithful to the original, great work.

is it possible to build a gluon gun (or quake lightning gun for that matter) with limited range in gzdoom?

i'd like to see some xen maps too, as i loved its alien style, if you just spare us the damn jumping puzzles ;)

Torr Samaho said:

actually, HL's enemies don't appear to be that much above the IQ of the average imp, so doom's gameplay is ok with me. the maps look very faithful to the original, great work.

is it possible to build a gluon gun (or quake lightning gun for that matter) with limited range in gzdoom?

i'd like to see some xen maps too, as i loved its alien style, if you just spare us the damn jumping puzzles ;)

1. The Gluon Gun: I'm not too keen on including such a powerful weapon in my limited 5-map hub. I may include it for any other maps.
    2. Currently I have no plans for any Xen maps. Somehow, my mind-set for the project is tending towards the realistic environments of H-L. The Xen style will require a complete departure from the momentum I have gathered. Still, I'm not ruling it out.
    3. Jumping is required to make progress in at least 6 instances in the 5-map hub, but they are 100% puzzle-free and all are easy jumps (e.g. jumping over a hand-rail, etc.) [I too disliked the jumping puzzles in H-L.] Some of the secrets can only be accessed by jumping.