Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Attention Seeking [Limit-Removing Map that nobody played :'( ]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phobus
Forum Staple

http://i.imgur.com/EAo2Z.png
http://i.imgur.com/10ukV.png

My 1-tag map is the last post in the 1-Tag Project thread and never got any feedback. As the project hasn't gotten any attention for a month and I'm a bit of an attention whore at heart, play my map! :P

It's limit-removing because, although I only used Doom 2 line actions and there's no particularly big/open/detailed areas, the number of sectors attached to moving sectors whenever you do something would crash vanilla Doom 2, according to Chocolate Doom.

I might roll this into another project or even just release it as a stand-alone map, seeing as the original project doesn't seem to have much in the way of legs. Feedback or demos would be appreciated :)

Old Post 01-13-13 13:47 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

FDA. It's a nice map but when I died to some spectres in an very stupid way, I didn't feel like trying again, maybe because of the linearity, maybe because I'm lazy and bored.

Old Post 01-13-13 14:29 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Thanks Memfis! Your demo did show me one thing I was uncertain on - if the berserk could be grabbed through the bars. My plan was for it not to be possible, but thinking about it, getting it early doesn't hurt unless the player needs the health later. Guess that's a trade-off for them to decide on.

As for the linearity - I can't imagine a decent way of getting a reasonable-length level out of the 1-Tag concept without having the map be linear, TBH :\ It's why I put in some windows and have the red key door be in the SSG arena - to try and make it not look as linear as it is.

Old Post 01-13-13 14:45 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chex Warrior

Ah, don't feel bad :P, apparently I missed that project entirely. Regardless, the map was a lot of fun except for that last part where I got torn apart as soon as the platform rose to the top. The map had a good classic feel and I really liked that sewer part in the beginning.

Old Post 01-13-13 14:47 #
Chex Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Cool map. So basically the rule is every switch or trigger line triggers the same thing?
My FDAs SsUuCcKk. Not a very difficult map but I was like DIE... DIE... DIE...

http://filesmelt.com/dl/ph_1tag-01-fda-ggg.lmp

At least my fda served a purpose because I found a bug at the end... but to see it you have to... watch the whole fda... HA HA HA, jokes on you.

Old Post 01-13-13 14:52 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Hmm, you've confirmed a fear for me there, gggmork. I thought the height difference between the two floors combined with the low ceiling tunnel might do, but it looks like I'll want a lift action on that rising platform, or possibly just a lip making the height difference only 56 units, so the second it starts rising the player is too tall to fit through the gap. In theory that shouldn't break the map...

@Chex Warrior: Thanks! I was kind of worried the ending bit wouldn't be hard enough, so it's kind of a relief to hear it destroyed an unprepared player.

Old Post 01-13-13 15:22 #
jongo

I liked the map. Music is neat, flow is nice, difficulty is pretty low but not low enough to become boring, perfect for non-cautious gameplay (i still played like a coward until ssg :p). Especially liked the room with windows and red key. Rocketing mobs there from outside, then going in and abusing the windows to safely start infights felt good.

Old Post 01-13-13 17:21 #
jongo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote