Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Transferring Textures

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Haloless0320
I dont know how to use punctuation.Properly

I looked on the XWE website and I could not find out how to transfer a texture from one wad to another,load up a totally new sprite entirely,or load a pic that I did on MS paint to be used as a sprite,texture,etc.Do I even need to do any of this on XWE?

Here's the situation.I want to use the H2H-Xmas snowing texture on my wad,how do I copy the texture from one to another?

Old Post 01-24-08 16:04 #
Haloless0320 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CodenniumRed

There was another thread about this somewhere... basically one method is to save it as a .png file in a standard directory, (using the top menu's 'entry' command) than load up the new wad to use the entry toolbar to but it back in.

This gets rid of palette discrepancies that would occur if you were to simply copy/paste the image or whatever from one wad to another without making it an 'outside' file. However this trick does work well with music. For example load up HeXen.wad, copy a music track than in your custom DooM 2 wad you simply paste the file in and re-name it D_RUNNIN - now the standard level 1 'Entryway' music is replaced by a cooler track that works for a 'Hellish Catacomb' themed level!

EDIT: The link to the other thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-bu...-edit-textures/

Old Post 01-24-08 18:17 #
CodenniumRed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Haloless0320 said:
I want to use the H2H-Xmas snowing texture on my wad,how do I copy the texture from one to another?
A quick tutorial is at DooM Nexus.

Old Post 01-24-08 19:45 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
looprix

"A. This is actually very simple in XWE. Just follow these steps:"
At #6 it says XWE automaticly creates "PP_START/PP_END entries, creates PNAMES and TEXTURE1, etc." but that doesn't happen for me. I have to restart XWE then PP_START/PP_END, and TEXTURE1 appears, but no PNAMES.

Then I try to load this PWAD into doom builder but I do not see my textures.

The textures are 128 and I am using the DOOM.WAD.

any ideas?

Old Post 02-14-08 06:19 #
looprix is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

I really wish XWE would allow you copy'n'paste from window one to another. Then I could finally stop using WinTex (which allows precisely that) :).

(And if you could rearrange textures in the TEXTURE1 lump, merge two TEXTURE1 lumps together, and remove unused entries from PNAMES, I could also stop using DeePSea's resource editor ;).)

Old Post 02-14-08 12:36 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

NiGHTMARE said:
I really wish XWE would allow you copy'n'paste from window one to another. Then I could finally stop using WinTex (which allows precisely that) :).

(And if you could rearrange textures in the TEXTURE1 lump, merge two TEXTURE1 lumps together, and remove unused entries from PNAMES, I could also stop using DeePSea's resource editor ;).)

Yeah, it would be amazing if XWE or SLumpEd could do all that stuff :(

Old Post 02-14-08 14:39 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

looprix said:
any ideas?

See my reply to your other post.

Old Post 02-18-08 22:23 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote