Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

wos.wad map18 music

Me and my friend wrapped up our annual drinks and local LAN a megawad. We happened to play wos.wad and around the 2:30 mark of the music for map18 we thought the song sounds alot like Dark Horse by Katy Perry. The megawad predates it, but we both thought it was pretty funny. Especially the absurdity of an outlandish reverse Bobby Prince esque conspiracy theory :P

What was also funny was having to sync up double barrel shotgun blasts to shoot a player across to the exit door to finish the level. It's fine if you lock a player into an area, but if you can't reach it again after dying in coop from the start well... get creative or skip to the next map.

TL dr; this thread may or may not be intelligible.

Yeah, there are some coop bugs in Whispers of Satan. At least a part of them is fixed in the following wads:

wos_zd_patch1, made by Krawa I think. It's for ZDaemon only and it also removes the homing effect of revenant rockets, which you might not like.
wos-coopfix, made by me, this one should work in all ports that can run wos.wad.

No, wos_mp_fix is something different, it's not related to me.

wos-stoptherespawnsoundinglikeanorgasm

LOL!

Music was annoying but damn your coop fixes. Not happening until our next drunk LAN. We will likely find a better wad before we patch an existing. Nice to know it is there community herp derp.

Strange things sometimes happens with midi files. Same thing happens in one of my songs in wooo2.wad, the map with the annoying lifts everywhere. Perhaps its something that happens in the sequencing program, like an uncommanded tempo change.