Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Sitewatch

Guest Anonymous User

A Top100 list should be divided in Deatchmatch and Single/Coop

Guest Mad Cow Disease

What's going on with Ninja Doom?<BR> If the "Prepare yourself" page was put up prematurely, couldn't they at least re-post the game information and screenshots?

Oh forget Ninja Doom. It's gone for good. We're never going to see it. The webmaster of the site got run over or something. I'm sure something like that happened and that's why we're never going to see Ninja Doom so put it out of your mind or something and concentrate on other promising projects like Zombie Doom or DOOM Ressurection.

The Iron Fist and Mockery projects were last updated in 1998. Why is Doomworld still holding on to them?

Guest Fanatic

Some PC/TC authors belive that it's better to tell less to prevent everyone from feeling diluted to their project. I think I've done right with QDOOM, giving just enough to let you see it's gonna be a good project, and some usually semi-vague updates, the occasional precise and deep updates. I wonder if some of these projects just decided to switch from "advertise like hell!" to being pacifists in the middle? Which would of course be bad.

It's not that hard to update at least once a week and give some info out to at least let people know you're alive and kicking. Consider it polite to the public, especially if you are a public project in development. Something like Gothic99, was done very well in private.

Projects like the below mentioned ones should either update to let everyone know they are still in progress, or are dead (and their website can be removed as fodder for the animals), or if they are in limbo.

And as always, I digress...

Guest Anonymous User

Well, if you announce your project, you should try to update at least once every two weeks... and not a "Hi, we're alive" update, say what did/didn't get done! But if you're bright, you won't mention the project AT ALL until it's at least half done. For instance (and this is why I'm anonymous:) I have a project that has half the textures, five out of the ten levels, all the monsters and sounds done. Monsters & textures are mostly derivative from Doom and Heretic and Hexen and stuff, but they're still fun to fight. And unless the level guy dies (God forbid) the project will get released. And have I ever spoke of the project? No. Did I say "Hey, I have a great idea, I'll put up a webpage first and THEN figure out if it's even possible?" No, the level guy and I got the talent together (all four of us, thanks for asking) quietly and then got the thing underway. It's half done now and going strong. If it gets released, it'll be a nice surprise. If not, then there's no big loss to the public at large. Though, to Fanatic's credit, he's doing it right since he's going solo. He can't ditch the project and leave the head guy holding the stick, since he IS the head guy. As soon as you stop doing it all yourself, you're risking getting hit with crap like "Uh.... I think I'll like Quake this month. Here, finish these three-room levels yourself."

Guest balanco

Why not just upload what was already done with the project, or atleast a "test" version? I wanted to see that Ninja Doom TC, but I'm afraid it's going to turn into vaporware (but then, who knows what';s going on if the site wasn't updated? I haven't bothered to check in a long time). If my fears are correct, this may become yet another project that's going to sit on some harddrive, inaccessable to everyone else, possibly never to be released. Damn, what a waste! (I didn't like the sound of "there will be no demo, and well release it only when it's completed" [not an exact quote]. :/

Guest balanco

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Hyena - Monday Jan 17 12:12:12 2000 - ... The Iron Fist and Mockery projects were last updated in 1998. Why is Doomworld still holding on to them? Hyena [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ What ever happened to the newstuff chronicles? The last entry is dated 8/19/98. And yes, I was wondering too what happened to Mockery and Iron fist (does it really matter whether Mockery is released as a half assed TC? ;)

Guest Fanatic

And what ever happened to DOOM World's PC/TC listing? That was a great idea. A single page detailing briefly what TC/PC's are in existance, progress, ETA for completion, etc.