Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

what processor should I get?

I'm getting a huge income tax return in a few weeks. and since my processor is the only thing that sucks (p2-300). I'm gonna upgrade. My question is, which processor right now is better than the rest? (Without getting too expensive! I want a HD too!)

Get a cheapo AMD-compatible motherboard and get yourself a Duron or an Athlon... much better deal than any Intel.

Guest Rob C

I'd get an AMD - 1.2 up to 1.5 Ghz, what ever you can afford. Don't get an Intel chip, they suck now.

They say that the AMD-Thunderbird is the one who owns all the other processors...so get it.

Guest fragg

Elb, the AMD T-Bird really kicks butt.
Cheaper than anything else too. $180 oe so will get you well over 1gHz. Wow. RAM is real dirt cheap right now, so get at least 256mb.

Yo, for hard drives maxtor SEEMS to be one of da best on da market! And while they may seem expensive even at places like best buy, if you know any whole salers (personal or dealers, like rekaton) you can get them shits for much cheapa! I'm talkin' a good speed 20 gig one for like $100-$140! Dat ain't too bad at all!

maxtor all the way, i agree. cosco has them the cheapest. 60 gigs for $200 canadian, can't go wrong!