Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

The Bases, Man!!

The Bases, Man!-all this means is something that was missing in the original Dooms-things you should see in a space base or any other kind of base, for that matter. Should there be say, bathrooms or kitchens or other facilities for the Marines to use? I have been thinking about this, and it seems that if Doom3 wants to be more realistic, it should include some of these things. Think about it. It makes sense to me. A Marine's gotta eat. A Marine's gotta take a whiz or a dump eventually, that is, unless, of course, he has it scared out of him.

I like those ideas.
A marine's gotta eat from time to time, right?
Maybe the first level should be a training level where you start out in a UAC base. In that base you might train your shooting-skills, talk with fellow-marines or have something to eat / drink. That would be nice.

Hey, I just read an interview with Christian Antkow (mapper at id) and he mentioned something interesting... that he was working on a lobby in Doom 3. Sure sounds like we'll be seeing more realistic base environments.

Guest Epistax
Disorder said:

I like those ideas.
A marine's gotta eat from time to time, right?
Maybe the first level should be a training level where you start out in a UAC base. In that base you might train your shooting-skills, talk with fellow-marines or have something to eat / drink. That would be nice.

takes up too much space
we gotta put the toilet in the fridge

Guest DOMINUS FECIT

It's an article by chiQ. http://www.nzgames.com/dc/

At the end of the interview, they are talking about the production process of DOOM; she asks what he's thinking about at the moment, and he says "Right now ? I'm thinking about the staircase and lobby I want to build tomorrow..."

Anyone seen phobos.wad?-It takes the name of the first four doom levels (Hangar,nuclear plant,toxin refinery,command control) and has levels that actually look like what they should,hangar is like an airport with gift shops,toilets and a plane on a lauch pad that takes off when you try to get on board!-Anyway this sort of thing is what i'd like to see in DooM 3