Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Technical Darkness [new project]

Corrupted Marine said:

hahaha, i wasnt talking about my level, i was talking about 3d floors in general... :D

EDGE and Legacy have had 3d floors for the last 6 years or something. (and Vavoom for 4) And I've seen some nice maps utilizing it (mainly by Marc Pullen and Kaiser)
And yes, I've still seen A LOT more complex level designing being done w/o 3d floors.

Corrupted Marine said:

also, when i said that gzdoom was using a engine based off quake, i meant that ZDOOM in general was using the quake engine.

i mean for instance, we have:
particles
3d floors
swimmable water
etc.

i just simply said that it is using an engine BASED OFF OF the quake engine. that means it has a few similiarities. i didnt say that it was using the fuckin quake engine... >:(

That's not to BASE something off of another engine. Learn to speak, I don't want to be forced to resort to guessing what you are saying in your posts.

Besides, Particles, 3dfloors (wich zdoom doesn't have, or were you suddenly talking about GzDoom again?) and swimmable water, isn't exactly rare features of any engine.

i was refering to gzdoom.
and i do understand that legacy has 3d floors. its just that gzdoom is almost the perfect doom engine. slopes, scripting, 3d floors, particles, dynamic lights, transparent walls, etc.

i suck at making levels and graphics, so just take it easy. im still learning.

in the end, i hope you guys like this project, i know its not coming out very well right now, but i have cool new ideas for it later.

make me be called out of this project then :(

i dont like gzdoom because it doesnt work
neither does jdoom

- sausage

sausage said:

make me be called out of this project then :(

i dont like gzdoom because it doesnt work
neither does jdoom

- sausage

Because he's like me and hates 3D rendering.

Corrupt, when I try to send you a demo, it states that there is something wrong in the "To"field. Is there part of your address that I didnt get, because if there is I cant send you the demo.

Yeah, but this is a super speed map that I made in less then two hours just to show so it probably wouldnt do that great due to the fact that it isnt the greatest architechture.

Corrupt, sent you the email with the demo. It should be in your inbox at yahoo. Read the email, play the map and the email me what you think. I inclosed my email, but here it is again. shotgunmasacre2@yahoo.com I look foward to hearing from you soon.
EDIT: Just so you know, I sent it to your old adress rather then your new one. The new screwed up the message somehow. So check the old one instead. Thanks

Tried your map, sausage. Great job!

You told me it's at about a "Map02" level, and I agree, since UV felt like my maps on HMP. <3

I like what you did though...aside from a few little things, the detail was very clean and very well done, and the monsters were great.

I tried the 3d floor example and it was invisible but i managed to crouch under it and jump on top of it because it was in the center of the room.
- sausage

Well I guess that you are right thanks for pointing that out. LOL I am a retard for doing all this crap for a map demo.
EDIT: But I still want to work for a project. I think that would be lots of fun.

not sure as i cannot play yours as the 3d floor thing doesn't appear on Gzdoom

- sausage -

( hope you like it )

Played your level. Fun with good detail. Did you play my shitty ass speed map? BTW, how didi you get the text to be bold, mine always comes in small text.
EDIT:
The floors are fake 3d, you know, uses a dummy sector so you can play it, I was able to play it without a problem.

using the Hud message Script -

Script 100 OPEN
{
SetFont("BigFont");
hudmessage (s: "The Sausage Series"; HUDMSG_TYPEON, 0, CR_BROWN, 0.25, 0.50, 6, 0.05, 5.0);
delay(15);
SetFont("ConFont");
hudmessage(s: "Part 2 - The Hidden Prison Of The Fort Sausage"; HUDMSG_TYPEON, 0, CR_WHITE, 0.24, 0.52, 6, 0.05, 5.0);
}

- sausage - Happy to Help -