Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

Some honest Question concerning monster and weapon

I am sorta new here and I have some inportant questions that I don't think the answers been described in enough detail.

1.I wonder if somebody could tell me how to insert monster and new weapons in a detailed way.

2....while ensuring that the old weapon stay in the game without have any glitches

3...Somehow I would like all of the monsters to show up in Decorate in Doom Builder.

I happen to be using Skulltag and I don't want the skulltag weapons to be overwritten as well.

Skulltag is a Child of ZDoom which supports adding custom actors without modifying/changing/removing existing ones.

You will need to learn the Basics of DECORATE, KEYCONF and SNDINFO to accomplish this.

You can find all the documentation you need here

um, i think patrick's answer was pretty dead on, heh. learn how to use decorate. i mean, it's on the fucking front page of the zdoom wiki. geez.

When you add the new weapons into DECORATE you can edit which weapons you want to appear in-game using KEYCONF

if you are using XWE, make a new folder titled KEYCONF. In the folder you will type the weapons you want to use like this:

setslot 1 Fist Chainsaw
setslot 2 Pistol
setslot 3 Shotgun SuperShotgun
setslot 4 Chaingun Minigun
setslot 5 RocketLauncher
setslot 6 Plasmagun Railgun
setslot 7 BFG9000 BFG10K

NOTE: you must make sure that the weapons are typed in EXACTLY the way they are supposed to. That means each letter and number are case sensitive and there can be no spaces inside the name of the weapon.

You don't need to bother with KEYCONF anymore. Just put weapon.slotnumber <slot> in your weapon properties. For example:

Actor DuperShotgun : DoomWeapons
{
   +BLAH BLAH BLAH FLAGS
   -BLAH BLAH BLAH OTHER FLAGS
   Blah blah blah properties
   Weapon.SlotNumber 3
   States
   {
   Blah:
       BLAH A 1 A_Blahblahblah("Blah", "Blah", "Blah")
       Loop
   }
}

I don't think player.weaponslot works with the current version of Skulltag, does it? Xaser's "Psychic" wad doesn't work in it, and it spits out something about an unknown value.

I'm sure it will be in the next release, though.

[edit]My bad, I believe I'm thinking of something else. Has to do with player classes, or something.

The new slot system works with ST 97e. Of course, that one is still considered alpha or beta.