Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeyItsDuke

Prevent your SnapMap Level from being edited?

Any way to do that? I don't want people editing it, at least while it's still in the testing phase.

No. Part of snapmap's design focus is that anybody can make their own versions of anyone else's maps. Once you publish a map, anybody can make their own version of it.

59 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

No. Part of snapmap's design focus is that anybody can make their own versions of anyone else's maps. Once you publish a map, anybody can make their own version of it.

:(

That sucks. You'd think there would at least be a way to privately test maps with friends.

You will be lucky to get anyone to play it let alone have someone to like it enough to edit it.

Give it a hard to guess name, to make it even harder for people to find it in the sea of other maps.

Edited by tempdecal.wad

I had to host a lobby for eternity to have anyone join back in 2016. Nobody's going to edit your level. I don't think anyone's even editing with snapmap anymore.

6 hours ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

I had to host a lobby for eternity to have anyone join back in 2016. Nobody's going to edit your level. I don't think anyone's even editing with snapmap anymore.

I might just abandon the campaign. No matter how good I can make it, nobody is going to play it sadly. I'd honestly be better off making it in GZDoom or something.

7 hours ago, V0idH0und said:

I might just abandon the campaign. No matter how good I can make it, nobody is going to play it sadly. I'd honestly be better off making it in GZDoom or something.

Yep. That's right.