Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlayerOGames666

The Ultimate Doom: E1M1 UV Pacifist in 14 seconds.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

G_ReadDemoHeader: Unknown demo format 70

Really? i recorded mine in GZDoom 4.2.4. So you have a different version of GZDoom/ a different Sourceport?

To be fair, the stickies are super dense. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, there's a ton of important information there, both when starting out and as a reference. But, it can be intimidating for a new player, especially with all the pitfalls in doom speedrunning when you are starting out. 

I've started to set up some info stuff on dsda, like https://www.dsdarchive.com/intro & https://dsdarchive.com/guides/prboom_plus but things always end up feeling like there's simultaneously too much there and not enough...

Our dear friend @depr4vity has pledged to set up some video tutorials that can run people through the setup from nothing to doing a run in crispy / prboom+. I think that format will be helpful to a lot of people. *nudge nudge*

@kraflabAfter seeing this, I wanted to contribute at least a video for PrBoom+ setup. Then I realize my system is in Chinese, f... (although it's OK to put up a tutorial, but it's super awkward.)

48 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@kraflabAfter seeing this, I wanted to contribute at least a video for PrBoom+ setup. Then I realize my system is in Chinese, f... (although it's OK to put up a tutorial, but it's super awkward.)

so far i have a basic script for crispy, maybe you could do the prboom+ one?

10 hours ago, UncleTito said:

Try posting it in the relevant thread and also recording it in PrBoomPlus since GZDoom interprets physics and movement differently from vanilla.

I really hate to beat someone over the head for being uninformed but READ THE STICKIES, it's there for a reason

Oh, ok. Thanks for the help, anyway! :D

29 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

so far i have a basic script for crispy, maybe you could do the prboom+ one?

I may try because it doesn't really take too much time. It's just super awkward that I do the video in English but my system is in Chinese.

Hey guys, I know this isn't the ideal place to ask, but do Crispy Doom demos work in PrBoom+ and CNDoom?

3 hours ago, Alaux said:

Hey guys, I know this isn't the ideal place to ask, but do Crispy Doom demos work in PrBoom+ and CNDoom?

It works in PrBoom+ for sure. For CNDoom, I think it should work, but I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

It works in PrBoom+ for sure. For CNDoom, I think it should work, but I'm not sure.

I'll have to test. Thanks.

Also, Crispy has many extra features that Vanilla (also Chocolate) didn't have. Is any of those features not allowed for recording Demos?

The big one that comes to mind is they added a cheat that shows your position on the screen. This is great for testing but to use that in runs to help with setups would be cheating as far as I'm concerned.

Crispy is definitely moving into the prboom+ zone of features these days 🤔 It even has a primitive version of segmenting capability.

Crispy definitely is better than Chocolate for me, and if I'm going to record my Demos with it I want to do it knowing that it's fair play.

Perhaps I could tell you the setup I'd like to have and then you tell me what I shouldn't use?