Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Youda008

Doom Runner (yet another graphical ZDoom launcher)

In the comments section hes telling he changed appearance to "breeze dark" on Steam Deck / KDE Plasma. Sadly not available on windows. :(

Hm, sad. But i don't think it's possible to easily switch to dark mode in Qt without fully re-defining the color palette.

Not sure if its possible or to much work, but for the alternative paths, are you able to separate the preset name target directory options for save & screenshot directories?  Woof does not support +screenshot_dir, so it won't launch.  I guess my only other request would it be possible to have an option to sort presets alphabetically? If not, no big deal, its been great to use and saves me a folder full of launch scripts.

image.png.33b654e41077214736aea6332f1e716a.png

@Youda008 I just wanted to say, thanks so much for creating this awesome launcher for ZDoom!  For me, it strikes the perfect balance between ZDL and a more full-featured frontend such as Doom Launcher. 

On 10/6/2022 at 12:50 AM, EnrichedUranium said:

Not sure if its possible or to much work, but for the alternative paths, are you able to separate the preset name target directory options for save & screenshot directories?  Woof does not support +screenshot_dir, so it won't launch.  I guess my only other request would it be possible to have an option to sort presets alphabetically? If not, no big deal, its been great to use and saves me a folder full of launch scripts.

image.png.33b654e41077214736aea6332f1e716a.png

Woof will fail to start if you supply it unknown parameter?

At least when running in Nobara 36 (Fedora fork) and building woof from source, it won't launch. 

[uranium@nobara ~]$ woof -iwad "doom2.wad" +screenshot_dir ~/Games/Doom/
No such option '+screenshot_dir'.

and if I run it from Doom Runner

image.png.6caa0260483227fc09992a5cf2dd9db3.png

1.7 is out

Main highlights are

• Explicit dark and white theme that works on Windows 10.
  • Ability to select different storage (preset or global) for different groups of options.
  • Highlighting invalid file/directory paths with red text.

So is there any way to repeat the initial setup or change the directory for WADs? I'm trying to set it up on Steam Deck and the initial setup never appeared for me.

@Youda008 Since launch DR has become indispensable for me but there are a couple of things that I'd love to see added/amended.  Are you up for a few suggestions?  No worries if you're not just thought I'd ask before I typed out a wordy post - I'm not great at being succinct!

On 2/7/2023 at 7:33 PM, Average said:

@Youda008 Since launch DR has become indispensable for me but there are a couple of things that I'd love to see added/amended.  Are you up for a few suggestions?  No worries if you're not just thought I'd ask before I typed out a wordy post - I'm not great at being succinct!

@Average Sorry, didn't receive notification about this one.

Of course you can, that's what forums are for. But i cannot promise you anything. I already spent much more time with this than i originally planned, and it has caused me back/neck issues several times. I will probably cherry-pick only the easy suggestions and throw the rest into the "do some day" pile, just like those many open github issues.

Posted (edited)

Best launcher out there BY FAR IMO so, thank you for making this, I've been suggesting it for a while now!

Two things:

1) when I add Woof! to it and launch it DoomRunner creates an error.txt file saying it can't read the version? No idea, you may want to check, everything works anyway no big deal.

2) Can you make "Launch Selected Map" manually editable for other ports other than GZDoom? With DSDA and Nugget etc. you can only select instead of typing the map manually.

Thank you.

Edited by CacoKnight

6 hours ago, CacoKnight said:

Best launcher out there BY FAR IMO so, thank you for making this

Second that. ZDL is too basic and Doom Launcher is too complicated and stuffy for me, this one hits the sweet spot!

best launcher i've found so far.

one thing: could you make it so that the window stays fullscreen/remembers its size once the application is closed and reopened? i tried everything i could and it's annoying (i have a little monitor :P)

I preach the gospel of DoomRunner every chance I get. I like using windows versions of source ports on steam deck so Runners compatibility with Proton is vital. It works like a charm! The only thing missing is gamepad support, but the steam decks track pads kinda solve that issue already.