Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Happy (Now on Idgames!)

31 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

thanks for the advices m8! Sadly your voice in the video is very low so i can't hear well, but more or less i understood what you said.

Sorry, I updated my gzdoom (for the first time!) and the sound parameters broke apparently. 

New map is 60% done. But you know, you managed to make 5 maps since I started it)) 

15 minutes ago, el_inf said:

Sorry, I updated my gzdoom (for the first time!) and the sound parameters broke apparently. 

New map is 60% done. But you know, you managed to make 5 maps since I started it)) 

Since Covid started i have a lot of free time (not for too long so i want to push as hard as possible, my goal is to end this wad by the end of 2020)! and my maps are not as huge as Advent number 1 either :)

Map 26 is progressing, still a lot to do, but it's going quite well, i started using some Otex and they are freaking cool.

From now on no more fair stuff, only RNG BASED SHIT!

I am joking, maybe, but it's going to get rough for sure :)

1391614640_map26viragotest.png.adef63613cba4a92bce26c5e1f0ddb31.png

Map 26 was added.

@el_inf try it if you want to hate me! i dare you!

I am the only one who tested it (for now) with no secrets, so yes, it can be done. It may be easier than i wanted it to be honestly. Link is in the main page :)

Okay, I played it. It was pretty cool in general but not really difficult. The starting area was fun, the hardest part of the map probably.

Visually I see some Ribbiks vibes  (like those curly corners everywhere). 

I think there were some unnecessarily monster blocks in some places. The map felt a bit flat for me. 

Spotted a weird HoM at BK switch

I may give this a whirl soon, and share my thoughts. Judging by the screenshots, it looks really cool!

33 minutes ago, el_inf said:

Okay, I played it. It was pretty cool in general but not really difficult. The starting area was fun, the hardest part of the map probably.

Visually I see some Ribbiks vibes  (like those curly corners everywhere). 

I think there were some unnecessarily monster blocks in some places. The map felt a bit flat for me. 

Spotted a weird HoM at BK switch

yeah i was really afraid of this, it didn't go as intended, thanks for playing it, i will need to fix a lot of stuff :(

dammit

So, i fixed it like this:

1) HoM was removed (such a noobish mistake there...)

2) second invulnerability (which luckily you didn't find) stays there just for lower difficulties

3) added a ton lot more of cacoes in the hk+imp swarm, so that the caves won't be that safe anymore

4) reomved the block lines for that archie (really didn't make any sense)

5) added third cyberdemon only in uv

6) since you could at one point exit the level (i was hoping you didn't notice, but sadly you could, right when you ended the invu) i added some nice "surprises" when you press the last switch that will prevent you from going away

7) added a roaming archvile to spice things up

8) added some cells in the last area since there are a lot more monsters now

what do you think @el_inf?

Yeah, more archies will spice things up. Maybe throw in more archies in caves when you release kracos (but it may turn the fight into an even more giant mess).  

Just now, el_inf said:

Yeah, more archies will spice things up. Maybe throw in more archies in caves when you release kracos (but it may turn the fight into an even more giant mess).  

What about 2 cyberdemons

3 minutes ago, Clippy said:

What about 2 cyberdemons

I didn't even noticed their presence in that fight...  

58 minutes ago, el_inf said:

I didn't even noticed their presence in that fight...  

true, those cyberdemon were placed there to help, cause i thought that 77 crakoes would have been a problem honestly ahahahahahah

2 hours ago, obake said:

I may give this a whirl soon, and share my thoughts. Judging by the screenshots, it looks really cool!

i would love it @obake!

Edited by Zolgia108

Video almost ready

I think you might be surprised by some things that happened during this session haha

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

Video almost ready

I think you might be surprised by some things that happened during this session haha

dammit ahahahahaha

awesome, so:

1) the soft lock was fixed before you played, but you are doing continuos gameplay so in case download latest version after next map which is an episode closer :P

2) the switch behind the bars thing: i m honestly happy that you could do that hahahaahah, the important thing is that it doesn't break anything, i m really thinking to leave it, like some kind of exploit for intelligent people (myself not included since i didn't realize it could be pressed like that lol), there are tons of those exploits in famous maps so why not, i ll be leaving it!

3) last fight didn't go as i wanted, those revenants woke up for no reason, i need to fix that as soon as possibleeeeee

M8 thank you so much for playing this, if you want after next map download latest version and try the new episode one since last episode is still undone, your choice :) i can't wait to finish this wad and write CLIPPY on the credits! together with El_Inf, i love you guys

EDIT: now that i think about it next map is a piece of cake with your weapons, you will finish it in 30 seconds believe me ^^

Edited by Zolgia108

Awesome

So this next map what you said will take me 30 seconds will that finish the episode

?

Will that mean that the map after has me do a pistol start?

if that is the case I will just grab the new file and warp to where I need to be

33 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Awesome

So this next map what you said will take me 30 seconds will that finish the episode

?

Will that mean that the map after has me do a pistol start?

if that is the case I will just grab the new file and warp to where I need to be

Yes but mind that everthing shifted to 5 maps cause i've added a new episode one. So basically you can download the file, then warp to map 23 (not 18), and complete the episode. Then in case play the new episode 1 cause episode 5 still has only 3 maps in it and it's the last one, but you can also play those if you want! your choice.

5 hours ago, Clippy said:

yea! i hope that you've got at least a little scared by that monster hahah

the intention was to create some creepy kind of creepy atmosphere with the use of voodoo dolls and dead bodies (copied that from sunlust honestly). But there i don't know if it's normal that death exits have that problem, pressing spacebar too fast (it's kind of autopress when you die i know it, i do it as well unintentionally) makes you start it all over, i will ask here in the forums if there's something to fix that thing. Thanks for playing m8, wheter you are going to play last episode or first episode download new version ok? Kisses

6 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

yea! i hope that you've got at least a little scared by that monster hahah

the intention was to create some creepy kind of creepy atmosphere with the use of voodoo dolls and dead bodies (copied that from sunlust honestly). But there i don't know if it's normal that death exits have that problem, pressing spacebar too fast (it's kind of autopress when you die i know it, i do it as well unintentionally) makes you start it all over, i will ask here in the forums if there's something to fix that thing. Thanks for playing m8, wheter you are going to play last episode or first episode download new version ok? Kisses

Are either episode complete?

I'd rather play the finished product first

Just now, Clippy said:

Are either episode complete?

I'd rather play the finished product first

play pezl map first of all.

Episode 1 is complete (the new episode 1 i mean), 5 maps, quite short to be honest

map 27: the 108th fruit (yea 108 i know, that number has lots f meanings!) is progressing quite nicely, i will return to a more classic gameplay, less arena and more exploring (but no fairness at all this time)

1910923144_map27test1.png.ed126655906cf65c947930f90844ed27.png

6 hours ago, Clippy said:

Will probably be processing for a bit

right now i watched the first 3 and i need to go, but i cant wait for map number 4 ahahahaha

anyway

map 1: sadly there's no backtrack there to the starting area there just because it feels weird since you get into a no way back teleporter, but you didn't miss anything there, just the fact that you could go outside as well to get some ammo and a chainsaw (both doors open when you press the switch) and a vantage point to kill the archvile.

map 2: you missed a room and thus a secret plasma! exit is a pain exit so in continuos gameplay you start map 3 with 1 to 5 % health

map3: i loved how you managed to escape the soulsphere trap, i mean i've never seen that done hahahaah that was awesome (1 secret is by pressing the only small torch in the map btw)

EDIT:

map4: you are the only one who actually telefragged all those pain elementals until now, imagine fighting them in that huge area omg...

the other arrow you saw pointed you to the second big secret area but you missed the entrance sadly :(

i liked a lot how you played the map, the fact that you can kill the cyberdemon right at the beginning makes things different, cause he can shoot you in each of the two areas.

map5: quite a mess there ahhaahahhaah, maybe the boss has too much hp, i will think about lowering it

i am sorry about the opener, i don't really know how to fix it but it must be fixed cause the opener is freaking important dammit

m8 i didn't expect you to play the whole episode like that! thanks a bunch!

Edited by Zolgia108

12 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

map 27: the 108th fruit (yea 108 i know, that number has lots f meanings!) is progressing quite nicely, i will return to a more classic gameplay, less arena and more exploring (but no fairness at all this time)

1910923144_map27test1.png.ed126655906cf65c947930f90844ed27.png

Is it really how the map will look like?)

56 minutes ago, el_inf said:

Is it really how the map will look like?)

yes something like that, i don't even know why honestly! that is a screen, were you being sarcastic? :) (no more crackoes btw, but nothing excludes that the final boss can be some sort of GIANT ASSHOLE CRACKO WITH 100000000 HP!

I've been playing through and enjoying the gameplay.  Very difficult but I've been managing on ultra-violence with keyboard-only inputs & no freelook.  Level design & graphics are amazing.  I probably should be helping more with notes, just one comment on the level Nexus the end boss fight I wish could be tweaked.  The large pack of enemies is easy to take out, then left with an extremely long and frustrating fight against the super-archville - the difficulty is entirely based on the difficulty to hit it, and it's extremely high hit-points.

1 hour ago, adamadam said:

I've been playing through and enjoying the gameplay.  Very difficult but I've been managing on ultra-violence with keyboard-only inputs & no freelook.  Level design & graphics are amazing.  I probably should be helping more with notes, just one comment on the level Nexus the end boss fight I wish could be tweaked.  The large pack of enemies is easy to take out, then left with an extremely long and frustrating fight against the super-archville - the difficulty is entirely based on the difficulty to hit it, and it's extremely high hit-points.

thank you so much for the kind words!

Freelook is something that i hate so no worries about that, i didn't disable it for now but i will probably disable it for the release, unless people will tell me they can't live without it :)

Of the 3 bosses until now 2 have too much hp and i know that, in fact i already lowered the map 05 one by a thousand, and now that you told me this i will probably lower the Nexus one as well for the next update. Did you play all the maps already?

I would like to know what you think about the length: i am trying to make small maps which take more or less 30 to 40 minutes to complete (with some exceptions like map 17 for example), but i see that a lot of people enjoy big and intricated maps. What is your opinion on that?

Thanks again :)

EDIT: also: all the maps were tested keyboard only cause i always played keyboard only and my brother (which is the main tester) as well, i just recently started to play with the mouse but i will continue testing with keyboard.

Sorry for the late post. I started this wad, and I like it thus far. The atmosphere and color scheme are certainly different. I especially like the central hub where you telestomp the Pain Elemental. I can certainly keep playing and giving thoughts, if you want.

Keep up the excellent work!

2 hours ago, obake said:

Sorry for the late post. I started this wad, and I like it thus far. The atmosphere and color scheme are certainly different. I especially like the central hub where you telestomp the Pain Elemental. I can certainly keep playing and giving thoughts, if you want.

Keep up the excellent work!

thank you!  i hope to hear a feedback soon :)

Played map 02. You have a very specific style when it comes to detailing. I like it!

I do notice some rooms (like the alcove with the SSG) have details that you can get stuck on, which can be annoying when trying to fight. Other than that, I have no complaints in the aesthetics department.

As for combat, it's fine. I would personally add a few armor bonuses here and there to make taking hits less taxing. Even just 10 bonuses would be welcome, especially near the yellow key and the encounter after getting it.

There was one anomaly, and that was trying to fall into the pit with the key. For some reason, I could not fall down it, as if there was a barrier in the way. I had to fall onto the platform doing a side jump off of the stairs. I'm not sure if something in the map broke or not.

I will add more thoughts on maps on this same post when I go further.