Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection

So in one package you get the greatest action game ever made bar none, an okay action game, and then the game that singlehandedly torpedoed the series that was like watching Team Ninja perform a collective act of Seppuku. 

I would use the term "betrayal", personally, there's a certain meme I won't even post because there's no need, everyone's seen it. But that is Ninja Gaiden 3. 

They shouldn't call it a master collection without the original Ninja Gaiden 1 through 3.  I'm only familiar with the 8-bit 1 and 2, but there was a 16-bit Trilogy collection for SNES.   Ninja Gaiden 1 was also on Turbo GrafX 16 and 8-bit Sega Master System.  One or both of those might be better than the NES.

Worst Ninja Gaiden I ever played was NG: The Dragon Sword on Nintendo DS.   It's played entirely with the stylus.  Got $20 used and had instant regret.

Just now, Gokuma said:

Worst Ninja Gaiden I ever played was NG: The Dragon Sword on Nintendo DS.   It's played entirely with the stylus.  Got $20 used and had instant regret.

I would so disagree with that, that was a pretty good game and the stylus gameplay worked surprisingly well. It was also shockingly important in regards to the lore of the series, for however much that matters. It is 10 billion times the game Ninja Gaiden... 3 is *shudders*

There's also the arcade game, but that thing was awful and best left ignored. The Master System game is good but not as good as any of the NES games. Game Boy one was decent. Game Gear one was kinda meh. There's a lot of Ninja Gaiden games out there. 

Well I still have it.   I was just way disappointed after seeing the first new 3D one on a friend's X-Box.

There is a Ninja Gaiden game for Sega Genesis.

Pretty much a prototype not complete, but i remember playing it on a bootleg cart.

It was awfully glitchy and there was no way to end the waterfall level.

It was a change of style as it was a plataformer beat em up instead of an action plataformer.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:06 AM, [McD]James said:

There's also the arcade game, but that thing was awful and best left ignored. 

Have to disagree on that one, the arcade game(which admittedly has barely any ties to the series) is a very decent beat em up in the vein of Double Dragon but better graphics, enemies, level design and music. The cut scenes are great too. Well worth a play through. 

Yeah, the graphics were pretty good for their era and the music was nice, but the controls were abysmal and killed any potential enjoyment from the get-go. 

15 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Have to disagree on that one, the arcade game(which admittedly has barely any ties to the series) is a very decent beat em up in the vein of Double Dragon but better graphics, enemies, level design and music. The cut scenes are great too. Well worth a play through. 

And it has Lucky Rabbit.

782f6403ca45c7dd3f8201f15c4385b500624679