Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faustrecht

[Question] Install mods to Zandronum.

Hey guys

Since long time i play mods mostly on servers so i have no need to install them. Doomseeker does it manually for me when i want to play online.

But what is if i want to install Mods Manually to Zandronum. So they appear in the Starting window where u can select which was you want to play.

The only way i know to load mods is to drag the Files on the Zandronum shortcut. But that a bit complicated to drag all requred files to a folder and then drag it into the shortcut.

I have absolutely no idea how mods even work in Classic Doom ports.

Thanks in Advance.

Happy Hunting and kind regards from Germany.

The thing you want to do doesn't exist for that port. The dialogue you are referring to is Zandronum's (ZDoom's) game selection box, and it's only designed to select games, not mods.

your best bet would be to use a launcher like ZDL or DoomLauncher (which has a thread somewhere here on the forums, but I'll let you dig for it)

16 hours ago, Faustrecht said:

Hey guys

Since long time i play mods mostly on servers so i have no need to install them. Doomseeker does it manually for me when i want to play online.

But what is if i want to install Mods Manually to Zandronum. So they appear in the Starting window where u can select which was you want to play.

The only way i know to load mods is to drag the Files on the Zandronum shortcut. But that a bit complicated to drag all requred files to a folder and then drag it into the shortcut.

I have absolutely no idea how mods even work in Classic Doom ports.

Thanks in Advance.

Happy Hunting and kind regards from Germany.

Zandronum is a multiplayer fork of Skulltag, which is itself a fork of Zdoom, so the instructions below will work for you.

4 hours ago, Master O said:

Zandronum is a multiplayer fork of Skulltag, which is itself a fork of Zdoom, so the instructions below will work for you.

This video is amazing and should cover everything required.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Faustrecht said:

This video is amazing and should cover everything required.

Thank you.

No problem. You'll probably find this immensely helpful as well:

https://github.com/dosbox-staging/dosbox-staging/wiki/Sourceport-Links-for-Classic-DOS-First-Person-Shooters

Mr. Icarus' other Doom videos are also very, very informative, so listen to what he tells you.