Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Pretty sure it's an issue on my end but renaming the .rar file to .pk3 and attempting to run it through delta touch does not seem to do anything neither for Gz or LzDoom.

1 hour ago, SwallowThis said:

Pretty sure it's an issue on my end but renaming the .rar file to .pk3 and attempting to run it through delta touch does not seem to do anything neither for Gz or LzDoom.

I don't know about the Delta Touch but for GZ unpack the .rar and repack it into a .zip and you are good to go. I don't know why people say rename to .pk3 that never works.

10 hours ago, Rex705 said:

I don't know about the Delta Touch but for GZ unpack the .rar and repack it into a .zip and you are good to go. I don't know why people say rename to .pk3 that never works.

That seemed to have worked indicated by the fact that now it won't load ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's likely just that I've got an outdated phone. 

On 12/19/2022 at 5:45 AM, SwallowThis said:

I have uploaded only .zip files (which you can rename for .pk3 if needed). Have no idea where did you get the .rar files from.

Just my opinion, a little more baked in contrast and saturation would make it work for classical lighting, as well as relit maps. Overall mighty impressive work!

Good stuff! There a few things though;

1. The doors seem to lack any metallic sheen; and it definitely should have some; easiest to see is the much brighter diagonal sections in the original sprite; it's light reflecting off of the metal door. So the door should be more bare metal than painted over grey.

2. In e1m3 just behind the second door there is this beige tiled wall; that's a little too clean. Looking at the original you clearly see vertically leaking down stains; yours is are all but pristine.

3. I've tried using this with Brutal Doom as well as vanilla doom, strangely a good chunk of the textures show up in, but others don't, and I don't know why.

10 hours ago, MrDeviance said:

Is this project dead?

I see no more updates regarding it's progress since  december of last year.

All textures for the first episode are ready. I wanted to release the finished package, but I decided that before I do it, I will remake some textures from the second episode. I already have some of them, but currently I'm working on cement textures. I'll post an update when I'm done this one.

I promised that I would release an update when I finished the cement textures, but I decided to finish all the textures from E2M2 first, but the number of them seems to be constantly increasing. Every time I think I have all the textures ready, I find another one. Additionally, I had to convert level lighting to fully dynamic and now I'm wondering whether from a legal point of view I can make such a level available (probably yes from what I've read so far). So for now I have a few screenshots form current progress.

Spoiler

OnDiFzo.png
MEysw3H.png
LIgDoKO.png
byiKAWy.png
H98rWpB.png
w3XwCeX.png
ewfaPp3.png
7ttquWa.png
d9ZGKzy.png

OdPZyLT.png

geu506J.png

Of course, there will also be a lowres version.

7 hours ago, Reinchard said:

New skinsymb

Is this a preliminary version? In the original, the metal has a different color. 

I advise you to use the original palette, so that there would be no inconsistencies between different textures.

3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

Is this a preliminary version? In the original, the metal has a different color. 

I advise you to use the original palette, so that there would be no inconsistencies between different textures.

Trust me, a very large part of the work on these textures is making sure they look 1:1 like the originals, as much as possible and within reason, of course. Yes, this is just a preliminary version, but the metal visible in the screenshot next to skinsymb also needs a small rework.

2 hours ago, Rex705 said:

This won't include the 3D weapons, monsters, and items right just textures?

Yes, just textures. I've been playing with weapons, I have two working models so far and a few that I've started, but this is just as a break from textures.

Here is a comparison of the new textures. They are reduced to fit on the screen, not all colors are set properly yet. Recently I also made some sky textures. AI turned out to be very helpful here, but it was not without tedious image shifting an infinite number of times between Photoshop and AI and countless iterations and tweaks. I also have finished images on marble textures, but as you can see from the screenshots, parallax does not work for them, although they may look good up close, but not from a distance, when the corners of the texture are visible.

MFLR6_1:
Rpk3zyK.jpg

Marble faces:
H67FY8J.jpg

Skies:
kd3vLIH.jpg

And heres the new ones in action:

Spoiler

v7up6J3.jpg
xD7ueqe.jpg
0uq927h.png
grrf5Hg.jpg
susqTxc.jpg
z5mFGhH.jpg
4FjVZpa.jpg
lsc34Mg.jpg
BKlvLPK.jpg
ocKTk2X.jpg

I like all gargoyles except reflection in eyes on green head. But maybe during gameplay look fine. 

I think you got the eyes wrong in the first marble face. Here, i brightened them up a bit in the original so they stand out more:

54549.jpg.7e14fbb90d21aa832797529cd8f9974f.jpg

In your edit it looks like you added extra eyelids that change the expression and make it look more sleepy or bored. Though, not sure if that was intended.

5 hours ago, TasAcri said:

I think you got the eyes wrong in the first marble face. Here, i brightened them up a bit in the original so they stand out more:

54549.jpg.7e14fbb90d21aa832797529cd8f9974f.jpg

In your edit it looks like you added extra eyelids that change the expression and make it look more sleepy or bored. Though, not sure if that was intended.

This is an interesting interpretation. I actually see what you're saying. However, I think that what you see as "eyes" is actually the result of a large reduction in resolution compared to the source image, i.e. the sketch of the Icon of Sin. Take a look at the images below. You can see that what you think is an eyeball in low resolution is actually an eyelid. However, while analyzing the original IOS sketch and the texture, I came to the conclusion that I needed to slightly correct the lower eyelid. So thanks!

scc.jpg.62d44ce84efb4d780ac72c9a3b6defd3.jpg

Terrific work you're doing!

If only somebody would do something with the hud weapons to update them while retaining their original design.

I have yet to see some 3d ones that both look and animate close to the original sprites.