Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iddq_tea

DoomGPT: An AI-directed Doom II mapping project (v1.2)

I like the idea , count me in ! I would like to have slot 03.

I have an open ai account but I prefer you generate a description for me.

Edited by Roofi

@Roofi I can generate some for you, sure. I'll send you a PM since it can get very lengthy, but you can pick out the ones you'd like to display alongside your maps later.

EDIT: tag fail. doomworld, fix your shit

@Cacodemon187 Added!

As for the deadline, probably when the slots fill up, if that happens quickly enough. Right now, I don't have one in mind, so take your time.

@Demonic Meatball I had an idea for AI music, but the thing is, I barely know a thing about human-written music, so if anyone knows how these things work, feel free to suggest things :) This could be fun.

Added!

5 minutes ago, Demonic Meatball said:

I have an idea for the OST : what if it was an AI continuation of the doom 2 ost, based of the first few seconds of each track ?

Wouldn't be viable as the AI continuation of the song would be a regular music file, requiring manual sequencing to MIDI, and this sounds like a hell of a lot of work. If someone is dedicated enough to be willing to undertake that, then I can generate the music for them, otherwise I'm not going to.

@ONETAPPYBOI I was thinking about something more like this : we give chatGPT the start of the melody, the AI continues it (for a few dozen bars), and the community's composers turn that melody into a midi. Kinda like what this project does for maps, except it's music.

3 minutes ago, Demonic Meatball said:

@ONETAPPYBOI I was thinking about something more like this : we give chatGPT the start of the melody, the AI continues it (for a few dozen bars), and the community's composers turn that melody into a midi. Kinda like what this project does for maps, except it's music.

I think there are already AIs out there specifically designed for MIDIs. I've heard of those at least, but I don't know any specifics, all I know is that it can generate the entire finished MIDI for you with minimal or no human input.

Sure, let's do it! Since my favourite Doom II map is already taken, I'll take my second favourite. Map 29! :D

4 minutes ago, iddq_tea said:

I think there are already AIs out there specifically designed for MIDIs. I've heard of those at least, but I don't know any specifics, all I know is that it can generate the entire finished MIDI for you with minimal or no human input.

haven't heard of them, i'll look into that

The only reason why I selected MAP10 as my slot was because "Refueling Base" sounds like a real thing that could actually exist, which I thought would help the AI to not generate gibberish.

This is super great.

I would like to claim MAP04 if that's okay.

Also, as far as I understand "Doom 2 1.9 compatibility (CL2) and limit-removing sourceports" means "Doom in Doom 2 format", right?

3 minutes ago, Snowy44 said:

This is super great.

I would like to claim MAP04 if that's okay.

Also, as far as I understand "Doom 2 1.9 compatibility (CL2) and limit-removing sourceports" means "Doom in Doom 2 format", right?

yes

@Snowy44 Yep, Doom 2 format in your Doom Editor of choice. Limit-removing just means you don't need to worry about the visplane limits and such.

You got map 4!