Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iddq_tea

DoomGPT: An AI-directed Doom II mapping project (v1.2)

I know I haven't had anything to do with this project for a while but I'm checking in on it and I fear my concerns that I expressed about this project a while back are coming true. Not only that but a lot of these maps feel like they come from totally separate projects. I mean you've got IWAD-style levels (which I thought this project was supposed to have) and then you've got absolutely massive "In Name Only"-style levels which while there's nothing wrong with those types of levels, they're very out of place here (and personally it's just not my type of thing). I really like this concept of this project which is why I'm concerned because I want to see it at it's full potential. I'm sure @iddq_tea will make sure the final .WAD is as high quality as possible and I'm definitely still excited but as it stands it does seem there are quite a few issues that need to be sorted out.

@Individualised Once the beta wad is out, these issues will be easier to spot and take care of, I will likely postpone the release date to autumn or even further since the final submissions are taking a while to come and there are certain issues that need to be ironed out first, like you said. The completely out-of-place maps will be replaced if they have to, it all depends on the overall D2All experience and feedback from the testers. I'm definitely trying my best to make this wad a fun experience, albeit a weird one, but that's to be expected when it's been instructed by an AI chatbot!

The AI literally says that the entrance should have almost no decoration so don't shoot the messenger for the first room being so ugly.

On 8/5/2023 at 5:53 PM, Anarkzie said:

I'll hopefully be done by tomorrow. 

Sorry for taking so long, it's not been a smooth process.

I definitely will be handing something in later today. I need to sleep now but I've got alot done today. Just need to populate the map. And go over some of the rooms. 

Thinking about it, there are two soft locks that I'll need to address. 

1. You can fall into the water in front of the building near the start and not get back up.

2. And I've not yet changed a really silly lift after a cyberdemon fight that if you fall off you have to idclip your way out of.

I'll send over the promts later.

The lighting is a bit shit and I can probably add more enemies.

I need to add energy barriers to the Icon of Sin fight.

The only thing I added that was my own non chat gpt ideas are a series of teleporters to help you get around the level because it's huge, and people would have a hard time moving around apart from that it's all me trying to figure out what it was asking for.

Edited by Anarkzie

@iddq_tea I think if you want to have a screenshot of every map, then it would be nice to have the map creators be the ones to take the screenshots for their maps.

(for the release post)

Sorry for the inactivity, I am going away for another week to study for my entry exams for college. I will also be taking courses simultaneously when September begins, so more than likely I will be inactive in the community, which means the project's beta release will be put on hold for a bit.

I will lift the deadline entirely for now, which means everyone has extra time to finish their maps.

@mr-around Do you still have your MAP30 file? It seemed like you had quite a lot of progress done, but if you don't wish to continue working on it, send it over anyway, someone else might pick it up.

@LOD42 Same goes for you; have you worked on your map since your last message here, or did you end up handing it over to someone?

Now... it seems like @RubyAurora has been inactive since July 4th. I'll give them about a week to respond, but if they don't, I will assume they've gone inactive and hand their slot over to someone else.

The beta WAD will be compiled when all of the maps are done, that's when quality control will begin. I hope by then I will have a stable schedule to focus on the project again.

25 minutes ago, iddq_tea said:

Do you still have your MAP30 file? It seemed like you had quite a lot of progress done, but if you don't wish to continue working on it, send it over anyway, someone else might pick it up.

me and @Raith138 have done MAP30 i think

1 hour ago, iddq_tea said:

@mr-around Do you still have your MAP30 file? It seemed like you had quite a lot of progress done, but if you don't wish to continue working on it, send it over anyway, someone else might pick it up.

After you gave some more time, I will finish this map after all

4 minutes ago, mr-around said:

After you gave some more time, I will finish this map after all

The map was already remade by Raith and Korni, but if you do decide to finish your version of it, we will leave it to the playtesters to decide which one they like more. It looked cool from the 2D preview you posted, but ultimately it's up to you whether or not you want to continue working on it.

2 hours ago, iddq_tea said:

@LOD42 Same goes for you; have you worked on your map since your last message here, or did you end up handing it over to someone?

Yes, but barely. I haven't handed it over to anyone yet, and I don't even know where to even begin with doing that.

We worked really hard on map 30 and it would be a shame if it didn't get accepted. I just upgraded my computer so my files are in shambles.

Got map 30 though.

Map30 (1).zip

3 hours ago, LOD42 said:

Yes, but barely. I haven't handed it over to anyone yet, and I don't even know where to even begin with doing that.

Are you interested in continuing it in that case?

On 8/21/2023 at 3:10 AM, iddq_tea said:

Are you interested in continuing it in that case?

I think it'd be for the best for me if I don't. Here are the prompts and the latest copy of my incomplete map:

DoomGPT_-_MAP07_-_LOD42_-_Prompts_and_Map.zip
Sorry for dragging the project down! I'm stepping down from my slot. I hope someone can do my slot justice.

7 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

The level name: Dead Simple

The AI:

Screenshot 2023-08-22 160302.png

To be fair, it gave this level the name: "The Infernal Forge"

Would anyone like to finish LOD42's map? If someone picks it up instead of starting over from scratch, both mappers get credited.

7 hours ago, iddq_tea said:

Would anyone like to finish LOD42's map? If someone picks it up instead of starting over from scratch, both mappers get credited. 

Let me try it. An interesting stuff!

15 minutes ago, mancubian_candidate said:

I'm in :)

Already noted you! The PM will be created soon. Korni will be helping out with the beta wad because I'm very busy with life stuff right now.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, iddq_tea said:

All those who want to beta test the wad, let me know now! You will be added to a group PM.

several days late but i want in

Added you two!

I will likely have the beta wad together tomorrow. I have about a week before my studying begins, so I will try to be as productive as I can in that duration.

2 minutes ago, BeefGee said:

@iddq_tea Yo, is this project dead or what?

It seems so close to completion it'd be a shame not to try and finish it.

Do you need any help?

It is about to be released.
We moved it to a DM and discord server.

@Anarkzie Hey! Please (re)send the text file containing the GPT descriptions, it's the only one I'm missing.

Update for everyone: version 1.0 is going public tomorrow, just making some final corrections and prettying up the text files!