Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

I will play your WAD and make a video with commentary [ON HIATUS]

1 hour ago, thelamp said:

Not sure if that could be the problem, but I was using GZ Doom 4.10

I think I figured out the issue. I was using the Hardware renderer which has no problem displaying the sky. It appears that software rendering will show the HOM in the skies. I'll try to fix these issues out.

EDIT: OK, the mapset has been updated. The HOM issues in software mode should be fixed now. Check the updated link in my thread. Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by Lizardcommando

Hello,

I released this 4 map wad a few months ago and was wondering if you could play give it a try. The maps are medium length, but full of action. please give map 01 a spin I am interested to see what you think. If you like it try out the other 3 map. The format is Boom.

Thanks,

Just working on the final level. And on that note can someone help me out and tell me how you make it so a door opens only when a group of monsters is killed in a room. In Ultimate Doom Builder? (Base doom 2 format).

3 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

Just working on the final level. And on that note can someone help me out and tell me how you make it so a door opens only when a group of monsters is killed in a room. In Ultimate Doom Builder? (Base doom 2 format).

Sorry but I do not think that is possible. If you are thinking of the way the walls lower on E1M8 or map07 these are done with hardcoded triggers that cannot be changed

@Bloodbath Giraffe

1 minute ago, thelamp said:

Sorry but I do not think that is possible. If you are thinking of the way the walls lower on E1M8 or map07 these are done with hardcoded triggers that cannot be changed

@Bloodbath Giraffe

Not even scripts?

The third level will have a really big fight at the start and I don't want players to just run past it.

1 minute ago, Raith138 said:

Not even scripts?

I made the assumption that when you wrote "base doom 2 format" that means either vanilla or limit removing, which do not have scripts

Just now, thelamp said:

I made the assumption that when you wrote "base doom 2 format" that means either vanilla or limit removing, which do not have scripts

Are there no scripts in base format?

2 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

I am new to mapping lol

Haha you may want to head over to the Doom editing questions board if you have more questions you are more likely to get useful responses there!

9 hours ago, thelamp said:

Yep I'm still taking requests feel free to return when it is ready for playtesting!

@aRottenKomquat

@IHave10Shells

Thanks for playing my wad! :)

Oh yeah, in my quest to make the map challenging and hard I may have forgotten to make the map fun to play lol. Hell, in an earlier version of this wad the 3rd archville was a CYBERDEMON. Even I had difficulties play-testing this wad. Maybe I should have just put two archvilles with a clearer passage to the central location of the map. There was a SSG in the western part of the map, but yeah, you wouldn't know that when you played the map blind. Glad you liked HMP though! I am actually planning to re-release this wad with an extra level, here on doomworld, and I could tweak the difficulty there. 

I should be done in like 16 hours hopefully. The third level is by far the best aesthetics wise.

Hey! So I know your OP states a preference for single maps/small sets, this is an Ultimate Doom episode, the maps are all fairly short though and you can probably blast through the whole lot pretty quick. Currently RC2 and approaching final, always looking for more feedback!

I am sadly lacking any friends that play doom so I can't get someone to playtest it for me. :(

THANK GOD for the recycle bin otherwise I would have just deleted the most complex level of all of them.

Ummmmm... My computer just crashed so hard that the power button on the computer itself didn't work. I had to unplug it to make it shut down.

May be a delay lol.

15 minutes ago, aRottenKomquat said:

There's something wrong with the audio on this one. I have my system volume and speakers maxed and I can barely hear it.

Crap! thanks for telling me. My mic audio was turned down for some reason? must've been a misclick or something damn sorry about that

Hey! Maybe you want to play map I have made a couple of years ago.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv7fkyqlkjdblv7/KSHETRAKEEP.wad?dl=0

You need GZDoom, hardware rendering, it will not work in software mode.

Jumping/crouching/freelook: you don’t need them, you can collect all items and complete the level without jumping, crouching or freelook – so it's a matter of personal preference.

IWAD: Doom 2.

Music can be repetitive after a while, so feel free to turn it off.

Here is the original thread for more information:

Spoiler

Also there are unpegged side door textures, I know, I kinda like it that way

@thelamp

thanks you so much for trying out the first two levels. You did really well in map 02 for missing the ssg in the starting area. I notices a few skys were not correct if you change the video mode to openGL from software it will fix that if you care ( if you play map 4 it might be a bit annoying if you don't). Also if possible your voice is a bit quiet and hard to understand other wise keep up the good work and looking forward to the next video.

7 minutes ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

thanks you so much for trying out the first two levels. You did really well in map 02 for missing the ssg in the starting area. I notices a few skys were not correct if you change the video mode to openGL from software it will fix that if you care ( if you play map 4 it might be a bit annoying if you don't). Also if possible your voice is a bit quiet and hard to understand other wise keep up the good work and looking forward to the next video.

Yea I'm having some trouble with my mic setup at the moment I'll have it sorted out by the next video I hope!!

@Megabeholder