Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tixctes

I have some problems with testing someones mod

For context for the reader I am running arch linux more specifically cachy os I used both proton tkg/wine for the windows version of gzdoom to run I have used a doom 2 wad file and both of the mods provided by the person who made the mod I'm curious if anyone has a clue as to what's going on? 

Bonus Question: How do i run gzdoom native on linux 

Provided that you offer help I will provide screenshots.

The Mod; 

I put the doom2.wad file as well as the other 6066.wad files in the same folder as the gzdoom directory

More specifically the problem i am encountering is loading into a doom 2 non mod game

Edited by tixctes

What do you expect me to do with a program I'm not familiar with and a extra I'm new to GZDoom Maybe someone could try reproduce the problem? 

I use a debian based OS specifically my own custom version of Pop!_OS, There is a native linux version. It should be pretty self explanatory to run so whats the problem you're having?

18 minutes ago, Monocled said:

I use a debian based OS specifically my own custom version of Pop!_OS, There is a native linux version. It should be pretty self explanatory to run so whats the problem you're having?

I launch the exe with the 3 wad files including the mod and doom 2 wad files And it launches into the normal doom 2

Just now, tixctes said:

I launch the exe with the 3 wad files including the mod and doom 2 wad files And it launches into the normal doom 2

Ooohh, I have that issue too, I have no idea how to fix it but you might wanna try making a gzdoom_portable.ini, You could also try DoomRunner if that doesn't work

There are several ways to run GZDoom on Linux:

• Download the official binary from zdoom.org (the "Linux Portable" one is what you'd want for a non-Debian distro like yours)
  • For Arch Linux, there's a gzdoom package on the AUR.
  • Install the GZDoom Flatpak from Flathub (see the readme here for instructions on adjusting the permissions to access your WAD files)
  • Build from source (instructions on the ZDoom wiki)

I haven't tried the first two, but the other two work well for me (on Fedora). Frankly, running the Windows version through Proton/Wine seems both worse and more complicated to me.

11 minutes ago, tixctes said:

Could you describe what you mean by "launch the exe with the 3 wad files"? What exactly are you doing to pass the WAD files to the executable? The -file parameter on the command-line? A launcher such as ZDL? Drag and drop? Sounds to me that you're either passing the files to GZDoom incorrectly or they're in a location GZDoom can't access. I'm not sure how much help I can be since you're running through Wine instead of a native build and I'm not familiar with what sorts of problems you might face with that, so I'd recommend giving a native build a try.

16 hours ago, Shepardus said:

There are several ways to run GZDoom on Linux:

• Download the official binary from zdoom.org (the "Linux Portable" one is what you'd want for a non-Debian distro like yours)
  • For Arch Linux, there's a gzdoom package on the AUR.
  • Install the GZDoom Flatpak from Flathub (see the readme here for instructions on adjusting the permissions to access your WAD files)
  • Build from source (instructions on the ZDoom wiki)

I haven't tried the first two, but the other two work well for me (on Fedora). Frankly, running the Windows version through Proton/Wine seems both worse and more complicated to me.

Could you describe what you mean by "launch the exe with the 3 wad files"? What exactly are you doing to pass the WAD files to the executable? The -file parameter on the command-line? A launcher such as ZDL? Drag and drop? Sounds to me that you're either passing the files to GZDoom incorrectly or they're in a location GZDoom can't access. I'm not sure how much help I can be since you're running through Wine instead of a native build and I'm not familiar with what sorts of problems you might face with that, so I'd recommend giving a native build a try.

Sorry for bothering, but when i play doom on gzdoom source port and when i equip night vision googles, my screen is green and i wanna disable it to be like in the original. I tried to find that option but couldn't find it. Do you know where is it or what to do?

17 minutes ago, Aquarium said:

Sorry for bothering, but when i play doom on gzdoom source port and when i equip night vision googles, my screen is green and i wanna disable it to be like in the original. I tried to find that option but couldn't find it. Do you know where is it or what to do?

Options > Display > Hardware Renderer > Enhanced Night Vision Mode

you can use the option search feature or Google for questions like that