Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crate-Of-Loot

Doombuilder 2 keeps corrupting files???

I'm trying to make a map in doom builder 2 but whenever I save and leave the file is always corrupted. I don't close it while the file is saving, and this has happened all 3 times I've tried to save

im234234age.png

Is it open in Slade3 as well?

Please give exact steps that you are doing, including any other Doom editing software that is open as well.

I got that exact kind of corruption when I first started mapping by having Slade3 open, saving in that, and also saving in (in my case) Eureka at the same time.

Have you tried using Ultimate Doom Builder? Doom Builder 2 is no longer supported and hasn't been updated in over a decade, so even if there is a problem with it that could be fixed, it's not going to be fixed in DB2, and has possibly already been fixed in UDB.

try downloading another map editor like Doom Builder X or Ultimate dDoom Builder and see if the problem persists, either that or try switching the nodebuilder.

if nothing helps, you might have a hardware issue, probably with one of your storage devices. try clearing some space as well, your drive might have corrupted sectors.

also might be worth saving the same file multiple times into different files to see if the corruption persists or changes.

This seems to be fairly common when you have a WAD open in two things (for example, Doom Builder and SLADE) and are making changes in both - essentially, one clobbers the other.

In addition, as others have said, Doom Builder 2 itself has been obsolete for well over a decade. Most people have moved on to Ultimate Doom Builder or Doom Builder X.

If this keeps happening even despite that, that's starting to become a system problem.

When showing screenshots it can help when you show the whole editor area.

In both, Doombuilder2 and DoombuilderX, it is important to stick to the format with which the map was constructed.

For example:

the map is constructed for ZDoom DiHF

jLzMwUk.png

but opened in another format like DoomLegacy

e3cXujt.png