Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Dose of Nostalgia

Gokuma writes in that he's uploaded a package of demos, levels, and patches to his pit of unspeakable horrors that will allow you to have your very own fun with Doom version 1.2. They demonstrate suicidal monsters and infighting of identical species, probably among other things. Granted, some of these things have been done already by Lee Killough with version 1.1, but I'd think Gokuma's demonstration is still something to look at.

Downgrading to 1.2 has an added bonus: you can watch Never Again's UAC_Dead demos, which are pretty cool. And play the wad, of course, which was one of the best of 1994.

Grazza said:

Downgrading to 1.2 has an added bonus: you can watch Never Again's UAC_Dead demos, which are pretty cool. And play the wad, of course, which was one of the best of 1994.

Yeah UAC Dead was one of the first PWADs I ever played, and one of the best.

grazza, where'd you get the 1.1->1.2 patch?! idgames archive only has the patches to ultimate

Linguica said:

Someone (I) should put the old Doom EXEs on the source ports page.

The patches you mean? Just the exes won't work as the earlier versions of Doom (1.1 and 1.2) had some fairly significant differences in the iwad file too.

Bloodshedder said:
Gokuma writes in that he's uploaded a package of demos, levels, and patches to his pit of unspeakable horrors that will allow you to have your very own fun with Doom version 1.2. They demonstrate suicidal monsters and infighting of identical species, probably among other things. Granted, some of these things have been done already by Lee Killough
<snip>

To be fair, Ledmeister covered this ground extensively with an excellenbt demo set last summer: http://m1.aol.com/ledmeister/v11bbugs.htm.
But the more, the merrier, of course ...

Sign in to follow this