Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeyondTheShadows

Yet another set of Doom 2 levels - which need your help.

Hey people. If anybody is even remotely interested, I'm currently in the middle of a large Doom 2 partial TC. 32 single-player levels, another 10 for deathmatch. About halfway through the project now, but I think I need outside assistance. I'm not a graphical artist, and I'd be very grateful if anybody can offer help in this matter. I need a large amount of textures for differently-themed sets of levels, and so far have about 100 (very bad) ones. All the levels and music are being done by myself, and I promise these levels to be absolutely HUGE. So they'll only work with a port. The first, which is done, is a good 1.4 MB alone in file size, without graphics, music or anything else. This is a cry for help.

BeyondTheShadows, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

BeyondTheShadows said:

I promise these levels to be absolutely HUGE.

Ugh, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I always wanted to do that!

You could take a look at aboosysv. That contains an enormous amount of new textures, and the textfile states that wad makers are welcome to use them.

If you want to contact the author, I have a current e-mail address for him (the one in the textfile is no longer functional).

BTW, don't be put off by the children playing with the newproject tag. :)

Has anyone else noticed the fundamental flaw in the newproject tag? Namely "we've already seen thousands...". Obviously we haven't seen them, that's the whole problem! :)

You know what? Torn has a point. Maybe I should have mentioned that to try get anyone interested. As I said, it's a work in progress, and will definitely be completed (no time frame - so much freedom) and if anyone wants screenshots or a play of the first map (all the others I've done so far need little bits of tweaking), I'd be happy to do what I can.