Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VileSlay

very simple gods

I made some very simple statues of three norse deities out of some old super sculpy. the design is very minimalist and done using no tools.

Thor

He is wearing his battle helm and holdin Mjolnir in his hands.

Odin

Also wearing a helm. He is holdin his spear, Gungnir, and a horn full of the Mead of Inspiration.

Freya

She is wearing her necklace, The Brisingamen, and her eagle wing cloak.

They do look very cool, kinda soap-carving-esque. Although I will say that Thor's hammer is a little suggestive, at least at that angle : )

yeah, the hammer is a bit phallic, but it's supposed to be. even though Thor isn't the fertility god (that would be Freyr), at weddings a Thor's hammer would be placed would be placed in a brides lap to consecrate the union. some actual norse Thor statuary have him holding a hammer in the same manner.

This is the kind of art that's good for old people. Or at least the ones who can't discern detail.

VileSlay said:

at weddings a Thor's hammer would be placed in a brides lap to consecrate the union.

My guess is there were no gay marriages back then.

VileSlay said:

very simple gods

LIFE LESSON: Do NOT use this phrase when talking to Hindus.

Thats pretty cool that you didn't use any tools to make these. While the detail is minimal I can deffinatly tell that the middle one was Odin with the spear. Nice work I must say.

I can't say I'm a fan of this super minimalist style. While I understand this was more or less your intent from the beginning, I know you're capable of doing much better.