Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnfulgor

Sprites resolution

Hello,
I've created a new sprite to use for a missile. It looks good, but when I import it in XWE it looks very ugly. After some search, I've found that the sprite colors are limited to a fixed 256 colors palette. Is there some way or some doom port supporting higher color depth for sprites?
Thanks!

Put it (Entry -> Load raw data) between HI_START/HI_END markers (you must create them too). Should work with glboom-plus, gzdoom, vavoom, risen3d and gledge

If that's the same missile as this one, you can read up ZDoom's supported data formats, notably the image formats.

Note that in ZDoom's software renderer, the image will still be forced into the palette, using the closest colors. However, if using a hardware renderer (GZDoom for example), then you'll see the full colors.

SOLVED (partially)
I've investigated the problem and I've discovered that my sprite's colors are not suited to the Doom palette. My sprite contains violet shades which are not present in the palette. The result becomes much better if I change some colors in the original image.
Thank you, anyway. I will try GZDoom, putting the png frames in the pk3 directory instead of putting them in the wad with XWE.