Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Chillax Demos [-complevel 9]

Chillaxv.9.7.2(FIXED) Map37 UV-Max in 8:27 (also a tyson run)

ch37m827.zip

Chillaxv9.7.2(FIXED) Map04 UV-Max in 1:38:48 (extreme resource management)

Chillaxv9.7.2(Fixed) Map09 UV-Max in 47:41

ch04m13848.zip

ch09m4741.zip

Edited by KineticBeverage : Added Map09 and Map04 maxes

Chillaxv.9.7.2(FIXED) Map06 UV-Max in 1:15:30

Absolutely infuriating trying to get the cybers to cooperate and infight with stuff, given how the level geometry doesn't exactly lend itself to easy infighting

ch06m11530.zip

On 9/8/2021 at 9:55 PM, KineticBeverage said:

Chillaxv.9.7.2(FIXED) Map06 UV-Max in 1:15:30

Absolutely infuriating trying to get the cybers to cooperate and infight with stuff, given how the level geometry doesn't exactly lend itself to easy infighting

ch06m11530.zip

Hey, Kinetic, wanted to ask, would it make more sense to use Chillax v9.7.3 for these demos? I'm still not sure if I'll be uploading the demos anytime soon given the mess of fixwads for Chillax on DSDA (and the fact that 9.7.2 isn't the latest version), just wondering if you have any more info on this. FWIW, I think the only changed maps between the two are 17, 21 and 43-47, so I don't think anything you ran will be affected yet, but at some point, if I update the Chillax page, I'll probably create a page for the latest version instead of the current one, unless there are issues with it that prevent it from working with demo recording well.

7 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, Kinetic, wanted to ask, would it make more sense to use Chillax v9.7.3 for these demos? I'm still not sure if I'll be uploading the demos anytime soon given the mess of fixwads for Chillax on DSDA (and the fact that 9.7.2 isn't the latest version), just wondering if you have any more info on this. FWIW, I think the only changed maps between the two are 17, 21 and 43-47, so I don't think anything you ran will be affected yet, but at some point, if I update the Chillax page, I'll probably create a page for the latest version instead of the current one, unless there are issues with it that prevent it from working with demo recording well.

I actually didn't know there was a 9.7.3 version. I just downloaded what I assumed was the latest version off of dsda under chillax_2013.wad. But yeah I'll use 9.7.3 from now on. Assuming the changes for 43-47 are for the missing textures. I really hope the changes for 17 and especially 21 make those maps easier lol. But yeah I didn't even know there was a 9.7.3 version. I was just happy to finally pick the right wad in the chillax_2013.zip since I loaded literally every wad in that zip file before the one that actually worked (9.7.2FIXED). Thanks for the info man

Chillaxv-9.7.3 Map36 UV-Speed in 7:55. I wanted to max this but like 8 of the enemies are nearly impossible to kill. I basically treated the run like a UV-Max, getting as many kills as I could, but ultimately I suppose it's UV-Speed. Oh yeah this is tyson too lol.

ch36-755.zip

FYI for Chillax runners, the DSDA Chillax pages are now finally sorted: https://www.dsdarchive.com/wads/chillax is the current Chillax page (v9.7.3), https://www.dsdarchive.com/wads/chillax_2013 and https://www.dsdarchive.com/wads/chillax_2011 are the older pages. Please use Chillax 9.7.3 with the PNG patch to record all future demos. At this point, no prior fix WADs are accepted to the DSDA for Chillax demos (demos up to this point have been taken care of even if they used the fix WADs, though). Additionally, Chillax v9.4.7.5 and Chillax v9.7.3 with fixes by him v1.1 are considered unofficial versions of Chillax, so record these at your own risk; only demos that sync with Chillax v9.7.3 will be uploaded.

Notably, I am not opposed to a future fix WAD for Chillax if there are any issues with the current maps that prevent them from being Boom-compatible. This would have to follow a few guidelines:

• Should be a single WAD that contains all the fixes and only does the minimum fixes necessary to make maps completable (not maxable or balanced or whatever); the PNG patch may be kept separately though. In order to achieve this, whatever recording community exists around Chillax would have to agree on which changes are necessary and then the DSDA maintainers would approve the changes; the resulting WAD should include a textfile listing all the changes and reasoning for each change.
  • No Dehacked patches allowed. Because Dehacked patches can't be localized to a particular map section, they result in far too broad changes for a WAD to be included as an official patch on top of the WAD.

Mainly, I just want to avoid this mess in the future, but for now please just record using the WADs available on the new Chillax page.

On 10/16/2022 at 1:15 PM, Brainfreezzzzz said:

Chillax

Map 13 UV-MAX in 171:29 (official this time)

ch13-17129.zip

Watch it here

FYI, saving the map again functionally changes the WAD, so it doesn't play back with the DSDA version. :P Maybe once there's an "official" map fix for Chillax, this demo can be accepted, if it plays back.

4 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

FYI, saving the map again functionally changes the WAD, so it doesn't play back with the DSDA version. :P Maybe once there's an "official" map fix for Chillax, this demo can be accepted, if it plays back.

What do you mean by it does not play back? As in it crashes on startup or doom guy ends up dying.

1 hour ago, Brainfreezzzzz said:

What do you mean by it does not play back? As in it crashes on startup or doom guy ends up dying.

Well, I would have to save the WAD as you did (probably with the same node builder for that matter), then use the resulting WAD to play back the demo, but that would be a separate version of Chillax. I think in principle it is fine to fix the maps in Chillax for them to be playable in Boom, but I'm not sure I want to just go map-by-map fixes like this, though. I'd rather there were a full fix WAD already created. I'm also not sure if there are other demo syncing concerns with the WAD since I'm not that familiar with that sort of thing (for example, REJECT issues and the sort), so I'm hesitant to accept a fix WAD unless it has some people experienced with the mapping/compiling side of things involved in it.

9 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Well, I would have to save the WAD as you did (probably with the same node builder for that matter), then use the resulting WAD to play back the demo, but that would be a separate version of Chillax. I think in principle it is fine to fix the maps in Chillax for them to be playable in Boom, but I'm not sure I want to just go map-by-map fixes like this, though. I'd rather there were a full fix WAD already created. I'm also not sure if there are other demo syncing concerns with the WAD since I'm not that familiar with that sort of thing (for example, REJECT issues and the sort), so I'm hesitant to accept a fix WAD unless it has some people experienced with the mapping/compiling side of things involved in it.

Understandable, I am definitely not qualified nor experienced enough to make a fix wad, I will just hope that when there is a fix wad that the demo will play back correctly. I believe this is the only broken map but I could be wrong.

It has a total of 73 tracks, so far it has been a long time since wad received a new patch with additional tracks.

22 hours ago, Crusador560 said:

map19 max in 21:44

ch19m2144.zip

I get sync problems with several different copies of this mapset that I have.  Can you point a link to the map you used?  I would like to watch this, a non tas run sounds pretty amazing.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:40 AM, Searcher said:

I get sync problems with several different copies of this mapset that I have.  Can you point a link to the map you used?  I would like to watch this, a non tas run sounds pretty amazing.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. You have to use chmapfix and v9.7.2FIXED in order for demo to work. It won't desync if you load the demo with those two wads.

6 hours ago, Crusador560 said:

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. You have to use chmapfix and v9.7.2FIXED in order for demo to work. It won't desync if you load the demo with those two wads.

It ran perfectly for me with the mapset you have, with no other maps, using this command line:

C:\Doom2\DSDA-Doom256\DSDA-Doom -File chillax-v9.7.3FIXED.wad -playdemo ch19m2144

using these in the command line: chmapfix and v9.7.2FIXED failed for me.  As well as several other map combinations.  Outstanding run.  Thanks for that, enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, Searcher said:

It ran perfectly for me with the mapset you have, with no other maps, using this command line:

C:\Doom2\DSDA-Doom256\DSDA-Doom -File chillax-v9.7.3FIXED.wad -playdemo ch19m2144

using these in the command line: chmapfix and v9.7.2FIXED failed for me.  As well as several other map combinations.  Outstanding run.  Thanks for that, enjoyed it.

you have to load in a specific order to work, first chillaxv9.7.2FIXED then chmapfix

5 hours ago, Crusador560 said:

you have to load in a specific order to work, first chillaxv9.7.2FIXED then chmapfix

That combiination, in that order,  failed for me, but

It ran perfectly for me with the mapset you have linked, with no other maps, using this command line:

Where can you download the latest version? The place where it was uploaded has not been available for a long time.