Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
biospud

GZ3Doom v1.8.6_g Released

Announcing the release of version 1.8.6_g of GZ3Doom, a stereoscopic 3D mod of GZDoom, for the Oculus RiftVR head set, Nvidia 3D vision glasses, and other 3D eyewear. Recent improvements in this release include:

• Avoid camera problem when viewing Rift mode without an actual Oculus Rift attached.
  • Merge latest changes from gzdoom upstream
  • Apply late-scheduled head tracking, to reduce latency, to make menu viewing more comfortable, and to reduce nausea in doom mods that force head position.
  • Elevate per-eye camera shift from OpenGL-only, up to renderer camera, to avoid missed textures in culling.
  • Reset pitch and roll when leaving rift mode.
You may download this release now and learn more at the GZ3Doom page.

Thanks for keeping this fork alive Graf Zahl. And also for rotatingpenguin to keep the flame going.

I've wanted this feature for ages in doom (i have nvidia 3d vision), thanks Graf!

GZ3Doom isn't maintained by Graf Zahl, but by (surprise, surprise) biospud.

Fusion said:

Big thanks to Biospud as well then!

You're welcome! I recognize that Graf Zahl has done literally over a hundred times more than I have for this project. I maintain my GZ3Doom fork, which adds stereo 3D support. But none of this would be possible without Graf Zahl and the other maintainers of ZDoom/GZDoom. This is the beauty of open source software.