Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Jaakko's Plans

Jaakko Keränen has sketched out the immediate plans for his Heretic, Hexen and Doom OpenGL ports at the JHexen site, illustrated with two new screenshots. First, there will be proper blending of dynamic lights, followed by replacing sprites with MD2 counterparts and real client/server networking. O yes! All this should be done within the next three weeks and culminate in a final version, and the source to all this goodness will be released as well. After this, Jaakko unfortunately "must go".

Guest Cory

As suggested in the forums somewhere (where I agreed wholeheartedly),
EDGE + JDoom = OWNAGE!!!!

Guest Confusion

Try getting ZDoom in that equation somewhere. Now that would be something worth seeing.

Guest balanco

This is off topic, but Real Life (TM) just collapsed on me. Don't ask for the details, but a very close relationship with a friend I really cared deeply for fell apart, among other things. I haven't been to these boards in months partly due to RealLife (TM) getting in the way, but it now looks like I'll have plenty of time to chat and talk here (though I am still looking for a job, and hpoing to move to Los Angeles sometime in the next few months). Anyway, though I am saddened that Real Life (TM) hasn't quite worked out for me, I am glad to be back to these boards and Usenet :)

Guest balanco

It seems that there is alot to catch up on (didn't I just see a Doom port with Quake like net code? =)

I don't think there's that much to catch up on.. since I want single play :P

Guest Anonymous User

The J ports are probably the finest I have seen of the good old id classics. I look forward to the MD2 update, etc. and I agree that taking this step merits the move up to EDGE perhaps. That's up to Jaakko of course though. Let's just hope! -Blaydes

Guest Anonymous User

I know JDoom works with Doom and Doom 2, but does it work with the TNT and Plutonia wads?

Yes it works. It also works with a huge bunch'o PWADs. Search for a fast and easy way to lauch those levels ? Try the KING DOOM Frontend JDoom Edition you will find it at: http://kickme.to/theking

Damnit confusion zdoom = suckage. Hehe louis kicks ass

I really wish people wouldn't p1mp their own sites in these comments. Send us some news about it instead!

Guest Confusion

ZDoom is, in my opinion obviously, the best DOOM source port available, anywhere, at all. Better than EDGE, yes. If your opinion...differs, fine, but I don't know how many people will agree with you. I would assume not many.