Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Adding fog using "Sector_SetFade..."

I have a sector with a tag of 100 on a wad and I've done just about everything I've been told on how to add fog to the specific sector, but I just can't get it to work.
I'm probably not doing it right, but here's what I tried:

In the console, I type "Sector_SetFade 100,200,200,200" and I get that 'unknown command' error.
Next, I try it like this: "Sector_SetFade(100,200,200,200)" and I get the 'unknown command' error again.
I think that actually typing the command in the zdoom or skulltag config file will just screw things up. Maybe I'm not even supposed to type in the console nor the file, so what am I doing wrong here?

I'm still lost in this fog thing too. I tried using inkworks but it seems to not only modify the wad but ever level in the wad so I can't apply it to just one level.

I'm still trying to find out how to add fog whether it be the entire wad or just one sector. All I got from that one thread was "use Sector_SetFade" which isn't helping me out at all. The console seems to not recognize it. I don't want to put it in the config file itself, because that might screw the whole thing up. So, I don't know where to put it and I don't know how to use it...still.

try using acs coding with that you can also put fog on alrady asighned tags such as elevators and such

goto my site and get dvctf you need the skulltag.wcf file to read it but study it over and you will get it

Zeratul 982 said:

I'm still trying to find out how to add fog whether it be the entire wad or just one sector. All I got from that one thread was "use Sector_SetFade" which isn't helping me out at all. The console seems to not recognize it. I don't want to put it in the config file itself, because that might screw the whole thing up. So, I don't know where to put it and I don't know how to use it...still.

Zeratul:

You cannot insert fog into a map (or sector) using the console. Fog has to be made part of the map during the level-editing process. While creating your level you have to be in native ZDooM editing mode. This means that you have to configure your editor to use ZDooM features (such as fog, etc.) If you want a particular sector to be foggy at all times, use an open script with the command as follows:

Sector_SetFade(tag,R,G,B)

where R, G, and B are the red, green, and blue values -- to get white fog use 200, 200, 200 for better lit areas and say, 128, 128, 128 for foggy areas in shadow.

You can even use switches mid-game to trigger fog in specified areas. For more details, go to Rick Clark's excellent tutorials:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdhtech/zdoom13.html