Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tingsing

MAP01 not showing up in Doom Builder

Question

So, I currently have 5 maps in my .wad, all of which are configured as UDMF. However, MAP01 does not show up in my map list when I open the .wad file. The map does still exist if I idclev01 to the map, so I know it is still in the .wad, I just can't seem to find it in the map selector, even if I try different configurations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I stopped noticing the map on the map select screen after making some changes in Slade, but I don't know what I could have done there to cause this. Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Could you show your map opened in Slade as screenshot or put map here for quick check. Maybe you deleted/renamed something and now builder refuses to show your map. I hope other people will notice this too.

Probably sharing the wad can help you to discover the problem faster :)

In Doom Builder based map editors, the map list in the "open map" window only shows maps of the same map format that you select as "game configuration" in the same window. If your MAP01 is saved in a different format than the other maps, you need to select a game configuration corresponding to that format in order to see the map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld70xsq4apz29oy/UltraThing.wad?dl=0
Here is a link to the .wad file.

3 hours ago, scifista42 said:

In Doom Builder based map editors, the map list in the "open map" window only shows maps of the same map format that you select as "game configuration" in the same window. If your MAP01 is saved in a different format than the other maps, you need to select a game configuration corresponding to that format in order to see the map.

I get that, I neglected to mention that I checked each configuration and MAP01 didn't appear for any of them.

I hope this was just a simple mistake or oversight from messing around in SLADE without a good amount of experience. Lol

4 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

You've been mucking about with lumps in the MAP01 namespace.

Move ENDMAP up to below DIALOGUE

Reveal hidden contents

4Hal599.png

Never stick any extraneous lumps into the MAPxx namespace.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Namespace

Thank you for the tip and everybody else for helping.