Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Doom Fighter?

Anyone heard of MUGEN? Its like a 2D fighter maker, and I've heard its pretty easy to use. Heres an example:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-the-ultimate-battle

Star Wars yes, but still. The graphics are all ripped from Super Star Wars series. Anyways, Maybe, some of use, you, them, Doomers, whatever; can use this MUGEN to create kinda like some Doom fighter game. Get like the Imp, Baron, etc... kinda copy what the link up there does with the engine, you know. Just rip sprites from Doom for graphics and such, make up backgrounds...

Well, anyone get it? I think this could be a sweet project.

Clonehunter said:

I think this could be a sweet trite, kitsch and corny project already beaten to death, and then some.

FTFY.

Ultraboy94 said:

i have seen the doom marine as a MUGEN fighter already. check some videos on youtube or something.

Well yah, but the idea is like a whole game thing filled with Doom dudes and Backgrounds, Like the star wars example. But like I said, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Clonehunter said:

Well yah, but the idea is like a whole game thing filled with Doom dudes and Backgrounds, Like the star wars example. But like I said, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

There's already Doom 2D and Doom 2D - Knee Deep in the dead, as well as a Doom RTS.

It would be awesome if you based the monsters abilities on characters from real fighting games.

Zombieman: Dan Hibiki
Heavy weapons dude: Zangief
Imp: Scorpion
Demon: Blanka
Hell Knight: Ryu
Baron: Ken
Arch-vile: Dhalsim
Cyberdemon: Shao Kahn
Spider Mastermind: Kintaro

While Doomguy is Doomguy and can use all his weapons.

etc. etc

Clonehunter said:

Anyone heard of MUGEN?

Yes and I wish not to hear any more of it since that "Slime" creature. Oh my lord those poor women fighters.

(For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's basically a giant rape monster. And I mean literal, physical rape.)

Mr. T said:

It would be awesome if you based the monsters abilities on characters from real fighting games.

Zombieman: Dan Hibiki
Heavy weapons dude: Zangief
Imp: Scorpion
Demon: Blanka
Hell Knight: Ryu
Baron: Ken
Arch-vile: Dhalsim
Cyberdemon: Shao Kahn
Spider Mastermind: Kintaro

While Doomguy is Doomguy and can use all his weapons.

etc. etc

Hey, you spelled Dhalsim correctly... and you know Dan's last name!

This calls for celebration:

http://www.aimini.net/search/?q=SSFIV&crpl=0-l13mey-i&tot=i&nxt=0

Clonehunter said:

Geez, if only there was a download for that...

I can provide a link to the character if you want.

I'm quite the pixle artist so if you get a list of people who would want to do this then I'm in.

Though keep in mind I know nothing of how to create my own character in M.U.G.E.N I just do the art.
I never actually went in to learn how to script them, I've only played with the engine a bit way back when the last version was released.

[EDIT]
wow I just checked out the site. It has had several updates. last time I was there they had a long blackout so I stopped looking at it.

Maes said:

There's already Doom 2D and Doom 2D - Knee Deep in the dead, as well as a Doom RTS.

Take note, gentlemen - it seems Maes is wholly against the idea.

So you mentioned two action side-scrollers and an RTS version of Doom. A 2D fighter would be quite different from any of those. You know, one character on each side of the screen and a corresponding health bar, possibly a "super" bar that builds up from inflicting damage on your opponent, and fireballs and combos. And fatalities. And an announcer guy with a deep, demonic voice who says "Finish Him!" and "Flawless Victory!"

Reaper978 said:

stuff

I find your lack of faith in my non-appreciation of tongue-in-cheek ripoff 2D fighting games disturbing.

That all depends on whether or not it is well done. Or, like you say, it could be a tongue-in-cheek 2D ripoff. I'm not saying I want to design it or anything, but it looks like MUGEN can be used to make high-quality stuff.

Yes and I wish not to hear any more of it since that "Slime" creature. Oh my lord those poor women fighters.

(For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's basically a giant rape monster. And I mean literal, physical rape.)

QUITE a tasteless move on the part of the creator of that character. I don't really think it's fair to lump MUGEN together with that, though, as that is just some serious bullshit on the user end. If I was the creator of MUGEN, I would be pissed.

Ahcruna said:

I'm quite the pixle artist so if you get a list of people who would want to do this then I'm in.

Though keep in mind I know nothing of how to create my own character in M.U.G.E.N I just do the art.
I never actually went in to learn how to script them, I've only played with the engine a bit way back when the last version was released.

Actually, Im not totally sure how to either. :P For now I'm just kinds experimenting with script files from th Star Wars Mugen. Renaming files and replacing sprites with Doom 2 guys. (Imp and a Mancubi!) Nothing big though yet.

EDIT: Getting a lot done on Composite DF. :) Revenant, Mancubus, Imp, Knight... :P I'll have a screenies soon.