Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fredrik

Which DOOM2 monster would've fit the best in DOOM?

The only enemy that would fit at all would be the Hell Knight.

I don't think the Hell Knight would have fit Doom that well. I know it makes sense, but Doom didn't have any similar enemies in it. Hell Knight would have been too repetitive. If it had been a different model and size, it might have worked, but not just a color-changed/stat-changed boss. Too cheesy an idea for the first game. Save it for the sequel.

- The Hell Knight is the lamest of all Doom 2's monsters - a weaker version of a Baron of Hell that looked excacly the same ('cept skin colour), what were they thinking?

- The Hell Knight is the lamest of all Doom 2's monsters - a weaker version of a Baron of Hell that looked excacly the same ('cept skin colour), what were they thinking?

Well, I can see what ID was getting at. The baron was a boss monster from the first game and used pretty sparingly. Therefore, it was also one of the most impressive. I guess they wanted way to convey that impressiveness more often.

Or maybe I'm just sleep-deprived and rambling. Don't mind me.

I wouldn't mind if the Hell Knights were smaller than the baron of Hell, had a different attack, but still looked similar.

It would be best to put it only in a few levels in episode 3 and maybe episode 2. Mt. Erebus comes to mind.

What a coinkidink...I was thinking the same thing.

I don't know. I personally think the Hell Knight would've fitted in with the original Doom cast very well.
Imagine E1M8 with 2 Barons and 2 Knights, that would've been coolness indeed.

I don't know. I personally think the Hell Knight would've fitted in with the original Doom cast very well.

Doomboy, this is probably something that'll cause someone to quote yer title. If you asked me, two Barons accompanied by two Knights would seem really ridiculous.

I don't see the place for Hell Knights in DOOM 1. The game's monster balance is pretty dense unlike in DOOM 2 where you have a big spectrum of monsters. Pain Elementals would've been really cool in episode 3 (maybe some level in ep2). Revenants/Mancubi/Arachnotrons I cannot imagine at all. Arch-Vile would've made a cool boss or rare & tough monster.

Thats silly...introducing two new monsters at the same time? Not to mention that it would confuse the player, seeing as how they practicaly look the same. Plus, it would be a little much for newbie players.

Arch-vile, I think, fits very well as a original demon, it's a bit alien- and hornless devil-like monster with a skeletal figure, has a deadly explosion attack, and resurrects his buddies draws necromancy, that affects vital energy of a living being, from the very depths of hell to the surface of earth)

Isn't there a song in doom 2 that also tells that arch-vile is a greater being? The song is called something like "The message of Arch-Vile" and I'm on with that marbleface-thing, cuz one of the faces were baron of hell's...and the third one, i dunno. It's the coolest.

Oh, the third marbleface looks a bit of the doom3's "imp"...i'm not sure.

Doomboy, this is probably something that'll cause someone to quote yer title. If you asked me, two Barons accompanied by two Knights would seem really ridiculous.

Not necessarily. I think it would be about perfect on Nightmare! difficulty. Ultra-Violence and down, no. Never mind the fact the Knight and Baron are basically the same creature. I don't know. I need some caffeine....

Not necessarily. I think it would be about perfect on Nightmare! difficulty. Ultra-Violence and down, no. Never mind the fact the Knight and Baron are basically the same creature. I don't know. I need some caffeine....

*Me gets DB some caffeine

Well, if only nightmare was a difficulty with more monsters than in the lower difficulty. I never play on nightmare anyway - hate exiting a level without getting everything killed off.