Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Brutal Half-life

Seems more like a general gore mod than an over-the-top "go fuck yourself" bigot-fest.

Speaking of gore and Half-Life, I've always found it disappointing that Valve removed gibbing in HL2. I also wish they kept more of the HL1 enemies.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Honestly it's easy to take it down ,only 3 or 4 Pistol shots and you're done .

Walk into a room. 6 barnacles in your way. Now those 4 shots have turned into 24. Almost half a machine gun clip for no reason, other than wasting your time and killing the pace of the game.

Anyway, barnacles or no barnacles I started I decided to give this mod a try and have just reached power up after about an hour and a half of playing. I think the mod is awesome so far. Only real problem I have with it is that even on hard mode it can sometimes be a little but too easy thanks to their being way too much ammo at times. The mod actually allows you to hold 20 grenades at a time now and also cook them before throwing them. While awesome and fun to use I also can't help but feel this makes them rather OP :/

Taking advantage of the kick button is crazy fun though. I can't think of the number of times where I have kicked those silly friendly npc's into some terrible place and to their deaths :)

Sodaholic said:

Speaking of gore and Half-Life, I've always found it disappointing that Valve removed gibbing in HL2. I also wish they kept more of the HL1 enemies.

It wasn't removed,it was reduced a little bit,try carrying a blade with your Gravity gun and shoot any enemy with it,it'll cut it into 2 pieces,or kill the glowing bugs in caves .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It wasn't removed,it was reduced a little bit,try carrying a blade with your Gravity gun and shoot any enemy with it,it'll cut it into 2 pieces,or kill the glowing bugs in caves .

Decapitation =/= Gibs

I can't explode NPCs into tons of guts with a grenade in HL2 like I can in HL1.

Half-Life: Obnoxious Forces

Seriously, why has everything been made into a proper IN YOUR FACE EXPLOSIONS moment in this mod? Why did Barney just full on fucking explode when he opened the door for me? Why is it when I take off a limb the enemy has a violent screen shaking eruption come out of his newly created orifice? Why did the scientist full on self destruct when a zombie lazily slapped him?

Just why?

Sodaholic said:

Decapitation =/= Gibs

Looks like source is able to do it,but i didn't really see that in HL2 only with the glowy bugs ..

The lack of gibbing was one of the things which disappointment me with HL2 but not the main thing, I was only able to playthrough HL2 1.5x times before getting completely bored with it.

I pretty much preferred the original HL and especially the Opposing Force expansion.

Half Life just isn't one of my favorite game series.

mrthejoshmon said:

Half-Life: Obnoxious Forces

Seriously, why has everything been made into a proper IN YOUR FACE EXPLOSIONS moment in this mod? Why did Barney just full on fucking explode when he opened the door for me? Why is it when I take off a limb the enemy has a violent screen shaking eruption come out of his newly created orifice? Why did the scientist full on self destruct when a zombie lazily slapped him?

Just why?

Because it's fucking funny for one thing. I have had some laughs while playing this mod.

Sodaholic said:

But if they gib how will you able to see those "super awesome" ragdoll physics they worked so hard on?

hardcore_gamer said:

Anybody finished the whole game with the mod yet?

I Did,it took 48mns since first maps are cut (for whatever reason) .
Also you can get monsters inside walls if you keep kicking them till you push them inside (What a Glitch ! :3 ) ...

Coopersville said:

Still needs taunts, faster reloads, ADS, and of course, many more death animations.

You know,just because it looks like Brutal DOOM doesn't mean it should 100% look like it .

hardcore_gamer said:

Anybody finished the whole game with the mod yet?

After installing it I don't even know how to use it. But maybe it doesn't work with the Steam version.

hardcore_gamer said:

Walk into a room. 6 barnacles in your way. Now those 4 shots have turned into 24. Almost half a machine gun clip for no reason, other than wasting your time and killing the pace of the game.

You don't have to kill them all do you ? only kill the barnacles on your way,or use alternate ways (If there is) .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You don't have to kill them all do you ? only kill the barnacles on your way,or use alternate ways (If there is) .

Often you kind of have to, though. In some areas you may be fighting other enemies as well and then you want to be able to stay mobile, which the barnacles can make difficult.

I wish the mod supported the HD models, though. I'm picking up Berettas that turn into Glocks, and the Shotgun icon has no business being an Ithaca 37 when the weapon is clearly a SPAS12 (Though I don't think that icon issue was ever fixed, so I'm not sure if the mod is truly over-writing it). It's stranger when a number of HD models still exist alongside the original ones, creating some weird mishmashing visuals.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You know,just because it looks like Brutal DOOM doesn't mean it should 100% look like it .

Actually, if the mod is going to ape the success of another mod, it does. Otherwise, they could have stuck with a title more fitting like "2002 gore mod".

hardcore_gamer said:

Often you kind of have to, though. In some areas you may be fighting other enemies as well and then you want to be able to stay mobile, which the barnacles can make difficult.

You must really fucking suck at the game if you are having all this difficulty with barnacles, enemies that are honestly the easiest thing to avoid and kill in the entire game that are also used rather sparingly throughout the entire campaign, its add-ons and even most custom maps (that I have played at least).

I actually think I have completed the entire game without killing 1 barnacle, they are that easy to avoid.

Clonehunter said:

I wish the mod supported the HD models, though. I'm picking up Berettas that turn into Glocks, and the Shotgun icon has no business being an Ithaca 37 when the weapon is clearly a SPAS12 (Though I don't think that icon issue was ever fixed, so I'm not sure if the mod is truly over-writing it). It's stranger when a number of HD models still exist alongside the original ones, creating some weird mishmashing visuals.

The mod has it's own 3D Models,and loads by different animation frams Which means it doesn't support Vanilla 3D Models anymore (except some of them are loaded directly from Vanilla gamedir)