Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubik

Doom monster "profiles"

Very nice stuff. Man, making a WAD off a counterattack into Hell would be so cool . . . it'd make a good movie, too. Maybe I'll actually do it one day, heh.

Grimm said:

Man, making a WAD off a counterattack into Hell would be so cool . . . it'd make a good movie, too. Maybe I'll actually do it one day, heh.

Actually, the "Retaliation" idea goes along with a story I've been meaning to write, but I haven't really been able to spend any time on it. I might write up a story synopsis and outline, though, and those who wanna take a look can do so.

Is that Cavern Imp you mentioned based on that sprite set I made? Just wondering. :)

Do you think you can hook me up with the basic gist of the story? I really wanna start a project off of this idea, and having the story would help.

//reads 1st paragraph
Wow.
//reads 2nd, cranium expands
Hmm, wow. Cool.
//reads more, skull starts to crackle
Uh, must... read... more. . .
//reads another line
*SHLoP!*
//collapses

Grimm said:

Is that Cavern Imp you mentioned based on that sprite set I made? Just wondering. :)

Do you think you can hook me up with the basic gist of the story? I really wanna start a project off of this idea, and having the story would help.

Yeah, it is. :) Some of the variant species I put in there are inspired by entries on the Doom Bestiary site, and that's one of them.

How weird, I think my Observer profile disappeared somehow... did anybody save the last incarnation of this? Because none of the ones I have seem to have the Observer entry anymore.

And Grimm, I'll see what I can do about getting a short synopsis written out. There's a few things in there that might be difficult to do in actual maps, though...

Well, we'll see. I have some really kick-ass ideas. (I stayed up late into the night thinking about it, heh.) I just hope I can get a team together when I'm ready to get rolling, and that we can pull it off . . .

Hello there!!

I'm making a DooM Rpg game. A computer one. Ummm this stuff rocks... and can be usefull to make some info to the game.

May i use it? I will credit you, of course!

Any good idea about making a DooM history? I need "sub-quests".

The main idea is: In some point of the game, you get a vessel, so you can fly between planets, orbit bases, moons, etc. And you can make misisons.

Well, im open for ideas. :)

Also, im planning to add some Heretic/Hexen crossover with DooM. :)

Well, if you just put my name in what you're making, feel free to use it... if you want, i can also make some custom music for you...

Indeed could be nice. Some DooMish. I can use mp3, and midi. At first, i want to use rpgmaker. Maybe then, if i can make the game, port to Fenix (a programming languaje, so people with MacOs and Linux can play it) will be 2d, of course, using a battle system like Phantasy Star II/IV (but using HUD weapon, instead using characters while attaking)

I need more profiles, and detailed. Because should be "something" that explain the monsters, why are there.

Also, using some from DooM bestiary should be usefull. (since i only need one Frame per monster)

The doom rpg thing sounds cool but if you wish to discuss this project in further detail just be sure to start a new thread. Just to let you know. ;)

Naitguolf said:

Hello there!!

I'm making a DooM Rpg game. A computer one. Ummm this stuff rocks... and can be usefull to make some info to the game.

May i use it? I will credit you, of course!

Any good idea about making a DooM history? I need "sub-quests".

The main idea is: In some point of the game, you get a vessel, so you can fly between planets, orbit bases, moons, etc. And you can make misisons.

Well, im open for ideas. :)

Also, im planning to add some Heretic/Hexen crossover with DooM. :)

You may use it if you like. I'd like to see in what way you plan to use certain aspects of it before I give you the full go-ahead, though.

(EvisceratoR, were YOU giving him permission to use MY text?)

If you read the post again, you'll notice we were talking about music. I gave him permission to use a cover of the music from E1M1 I made, and then i offered to do some custom music for him ...

im working on it. But now im playing Phantasy Star Online. Until i become bored, i think i dont work on DooM Rpg.

Another issue is to make dungeons.... bored!! lol

Grimm, have you done anything with this?

sorry to bump this thread but does the author have a link to this file, the one on here does not work.