Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

Guest Gorc

Can't even make out what the pictures are showing us. Anybody care to tell me?

Guest Busted Corpse

I think what you'll find is that the pictures are showing us that Id is spot on with their new doom vision thingy...

y'see, the heart of Doom has always been the violent mixing of Hell and (lo)hi-tech, this juxtaposition creating the hellish atmosphere and so on...

(This is as opposed to Quake's Gothicness or Duke Nukems...um... pretty colours)

the bottom right shot (by far the best imho) shows this perfectly, and gives me great hope of things to come :)

I have not been followiing the doom3 thing particularly closely at all, so this is likely to be well covered elsewhere. I also appreciate that much (all) of what we have seen so far consists of test renderings and so on.

But, nothing I have seen of the doom3 project so far has been seen from what looks like a first person perspective type point of view.

Hmm...

Guest lmmz

I've got the new Doom 3 footage up on my ftp at 206.170.238.18. user: otr pass: sparky

Look in the PUB folder. :)

Guest lmmz

in PUB folder

:)

Guest lmmz

in PUB folder

:)

Guest lmmz

user: otr
pass: sparky

in PUB folder

Guest demoness

Is it just me, or does that "thing" look like the bull pig from half-life?!

Guest demoness

how can we even be sure that Doom 3 will be first person? cuz all the screenies we've seen were taken from some weird angle.

Duh. Since it's all scripted sequences put together to msotly show off the engine, it's not shown in FPS yet.. it's not been much work (if any) on the gameplay or AI yet

Guest Nash

Quick question, while I was browsing the Doomcenter Doom3 photo archives, there was one screenshot with a long hallway with shiny floors and dead dudes on the walls... and it had a STATUS FACE (some bald guy and he's bleeding) and a shotgun. Where was that from!?

Guest Nash

Yo PHP errors galore, man, that's so unl33t

(I guess that was why lmmz posted many times, thinking his post didn't get through)

Yes that would be 1 of the first fake screenshots of Doom. Luckily Doom3 won't look anything like that.

Guest demoness

I guess everyones said what they need to say. I think its time for a new pic.

Guest ext

The 3.6 mb video requires decompressor...Which on would that be?