Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Diablo Immortal

14 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

Because people need to eat and capitalism ruins videogames.

9 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I don't like shitty practices but I don't blame business for making money, they have employees to pay and people need to eat.

You can't be serious. You're going to tell me that after half a dozen special editions, season passes, DLC (which might not be included in any of the season passes), lootboxes and other kinds of microtransactions (which aren't exactly "micro" nowadays), they're still struggling to pay their workers? These big companies earn BILLIONS ffs, if they can't afford to stay in business with that kind of money then I don't know what the hell is wrong with the people in charge. Besides, companies like id Software stay afloat even by releasing games with considerable time gaps between them, with no more than a couple DLC.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

You can't be serious. You're going to tell me that after half a dozen special editions, season passes, DLC (which might not be included in any of the season passes), lootboxes and other kinds of microtransactions (which aren't exactly "micro" nowadays), they're still struggling to pay their workers? These big companies earn BILLIONS ffs, if they can't afford to stay in business with that kind of money then I don't know what the hell is wrong with the people in charge. Besides, companies like id Software stay afloat even by releasing games with considerable time gaps between them, with no more than a couple DLC.

Lemme tell you what the hell is wrong with the people in charge. They sold their soul to the devil (shareholders), and the devil always wants MORE money than the last game you sold.

That's how you get fucking idiotic shit like Game 1 selling 10 million units, the shareholders expecting Game 2 to sell 40 million units, and then Game 2 sells 20 million units to critical acclaim, and it gets called a commercial failure for missing the expected target and the studio gets liquidated and all the employees fired.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

Yes Im Serious. Nice try.

If you read what I  typed I specifically said I do not support their shitty practices, Companies need to make money and they can do that by other means.

they are here to make money not a charity.

I don't think that anyone blames them for trying to earn money for their work invested in development. We are blaming them for being greedy. Dishonorable mentions: Supercell, King, Activision, EA.

22 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

Because people need to eat

As much as it hurts, he's right here, at least in some cases anyway when they haven't succumbed to greed.

Besides, developers don't get to decide everything that goes into a game, and if they refuse to implement something the publisher can simply look for someone else to do it, or worse.

4 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

There's a difference between making money, and trying to get a monopoly on the concept of money...

True, businesses are made to profit from a product but there are less scummy way to make money.