Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

Saddam Hussein has been captured!

Ultraviolet said:

AND SOMEBODY GENUINELY INTERESTED IN SERVING THE COUNTRY WOULD STEP UP.

...who will claim to be like that, but in reality will be just another greedy power tripper.

Besides, if one with good intentions and one with greedy intentions stepped up, who would the people running the elections favour? The greedy one, as he won't pose a threat to the corporations (easy to bribe), unlike the genuine one (who would no doubt promise to end corruption and so on, thus posing a threat). Even if all the people voted for him, they would still find some way to undermine or disqualify him.

fodders said:

He WAS in the military, although there's questions about his posting and lack of service.Guy's a pilot.

Heh, thank you Fodders for correcting me. I should have said... "Served" in the military. ;)

deathbringer said:

Dubya: My fellow umbrella stands, now that we have sadarm in captification, there is a very important procurement which we must now carry out...its my turn to hide!

Saddam: Oh god, do i really have to wait till july for my execution?

======

Saddam: 97, 98, 99, 100...coming, ready or not *pulls down a bulging, giggling american flag to reveal dubya*

Dubya: Darn, ya found me, okay, its your turn to hide again *saddam looks at him in disbelief*

Dubya: 1, 11...

Saddam: *Runs away*

Dead ringers rules.

I'm sure genuine people step up all the time. But guess what? If try do something your party doesn't like, it won't help you, and you're screwed. If you vote on an issue that your party is voting against, you're screwed. And if you manage to get an issue that so many people are behind you on that your party doesn't matter anymore, they dig something up from your past, and you're screwed. It's a vicious system, and there's no way to stop it short of revolution.

m0l0t0v said:

Michael Moore for president!

Oh, yes. Someone who's bold enough to splice interview footage for a so-called documentary to show in theaters. Of course, he would make an ideal president. I'd like to keep pinkos out of office, personally.

Ed said:

Oh, yes. Someone who's bold enough to splice interview footage for a so-called documentary to show in theaters. Of course, he would make an ideal president. I'd like to keep pinkos out of office, personally.

No worse than any other candidate.