Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Can anyone finish this and record a demo with it?

I made a modification for E3M8 that puts all Ultimate Doom monsters in one map. I'd like to see a demo of it finished legitly. Shouldn't be too hard, I've seen harder maps which I wouldn't doubt got recorded (did nuts2?). I only managed to finish this by casting "resurrect" a few times or by hiding in the starting area (which now is barred). I'd suggest try it with z-clipping disabled

Does it need more health, or powerups, or modifications to become more enjoyable?

here

2804 kills on my first try, though the last 800 were mostly from infighting as I was running on the platform and shootings things with the chaingun. In the end I just couldn't get away from all the barons and cacos once I jumped down to get health (even though the second cyber had just teleported in for some infighting). It was fun, after the tiresome zombie hordes, though it really needs more ammo, and preferably for the bfg since there isn't that much space for safely using rockets. And as for health, maybe distribute it around a little more evenly. Right now if you happen to get a bunch of monsters standing on a medikit cache when you have 20% or less health it's a little annoying.

As for really finishing this "as is", the key (obviously) would be saving the bfg shots for the later parts, maybe if things start looking too grim with the zombies then take the invulnerability early (I saved it for until I had about 2000 kills).

2222/3245 is my best so far. Nothing to write home about, but I gotta say, this level has been heaps of fun to play. And after a while, the corpses simply cover everything. Makes me feel all warm inside. Great work.

*Mild bump*

I managed to finish this level, though with a little luck (the spiderdemons came out early.) I only killed around a thousand monsters.

I love playing this level and i keep coming back to it, have recorded heaps of demos with it. Thanks printz. Very cool. This is the only completed demo tho. My best is 2900/3245.

recorded with ZDoom 2.2.0 (Have been meaning to update to the latest)

KykaOverpopDemo

I have also included the wad itself, incase there are different versions floating around.

w00t you did it! Sigh now I've just updated ZDoom to 2.3.1 or how it is... Nevermind, I'll just unzip an old release. Congrats and thanks for trying to the end ^_^

No I'm not updating this and neither releasing a Doom 2 version (it would have ss nazis and rather early archviles, both bad to the game). One's enough.

Damn, I didn't get a chance to have a look at it. I love edited id maps with high monster counts (can you say punisher.wad? :P).

http://www.speedyshare.com/500261752.html

My own attempt at the level just for kicks. Recorded with GLBoom-Plus 2.5.0.1 -complevel 9.

Think I came up about 20-30 kills or so away from 100% kills since the masterminds fell one after the other (Yay both of them infighting each other).

I will say this...skip the first 13 minutes or so as all I do is provoke infighting from within the safety of the starting hallway, but not going out far enough to trigger the bars blocking the way back. This helps take out like 1000+ enemies and lets me save ammo for the rest of the mobs.

I did have an oh crap moment near the end, but otherwise this was my best run for the level.

3180/3245. AAAAarrrrgh. I was trying for a UVmax demo. And I got killed by the Spiderdemon right near the end. Best yet. Man I enjoy this level.

Anima Zero. Nice Demo btw. Neat trick about staying in the starting passageway for a while. I tried it that way myself and I killed 1800 monsters before I had to move out of there.

I won't post my demo, coz it is like 15 minutes of me standing in the corridor dodging the occasional projectile while monsters were infighting. And then 10 more minutes of me continuing to sit in the corridor while 5 cyberdemons mashed virtually every living thing on the level. Then there was 5 minutes of me running around like an idiot swapping between BFG and rockets cleaning up the leftovers. And then I died stupidly by the last Spiderdemon. So not very interesting to watch for the most part.

Anima Zero said:

but not going out far enough to trigger the bars blocking the way back.

Crap. I should have seen that coming.