Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Doomattack (ADoom or Doom Amiga) Music

Most likely it's just running the .MUS files with module samples. So you'd have to extract the samples and make a soundfont out of it.

Sodaholic said:

Most likely it's just running the .MUS files with module samples. So you'd have to extract the samples and make a soundfont out of it.

How will I do that, and where do I get the .MUS files?

SeanWJF said:

with XWE

Please, just please don't recommend that anyone use that godawful piece of outdated shite. :P Use Slade3 instead.

The .MUS files are the built in MIDI music in the Doom IWADs. There is no reason to extract them for just listening to them while playing.

Anyway, as for getting the samples out, I don't really know that much about Amigas, maybe you could get someone to extract the samples for you.

As for how to make a soundfont, use a program called Viena (make sure it's the same one that has only 1 N in it's name! it's the one made by the same guy as SynthFont.)

To hear it, either use a sourceport that supports soundfonts (like ZDoom), or a softsynth (or soundfont supporting soundcard) to run as your system MIDI device.

The doomattack distribution doesn't contain any samples, so I assume that it's using the built in standard midi wavetable on the amiga or whatever it's called. Not sure where'd you get the samples for that from.

According to Doomattack's documentation, it plays converted Protracker modules which might have been sequenced from the Doom mod tracks but aren't supplied with the program. This has piqued my curiosity - I'll get Doomattack setup in Amiga Forever for a test run then do some further research.

natt said:
[Bthe built in standard midi wavetable on the amiga or whatever it's called. Not sure where'd you get the samples for that from. [/B]

It was called "load your own bloody samples into Chip RAM, you lazy bum!" :-p