Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

12 hours ago, Vic said:

Does anyone here know what's going on in vanilla map10 in this area?

You can see that a couple of crates having the sides missing, but I'm not entirely sure whether it's a bug in the map itself or some kind of overflow.

E2M2 (PC version) was a pain to get working as it would randomly crash the WAD importer for seemingly no reason. So, I am not surprised. The rule with 32x Doom: Dont try anything with the Containment Area, or that project will be...contained.

My computer has yet to be repaired or replaced as of today. Although, I would like to just pay tribute to my cat Satan who passed away last year on the same date as today.

15 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

I would like to just pay tribute to my cat Satan who passed away last year on the same date as today.

Very sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

Alright so, some good news!

-I should be able to export the Plutonia E1 WAD out of a backup I had sent to @TheLesha that had MAP04, and thus at least finish Plutonia E1 to be included as a "Bonus" episode.

-I am trying to speedrun D32x Delra because why not. 

22 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

Is it possible to replace the 32x OST with these tracks?

[snip]

Unfortunately not. The way Doom 32x runs its music in the GEMS audio driver, and creating/porting new music to the ROM itself is a pain.

However, a homebrew port of Doom to the 32x called Doom 32x Resurrection has support for VGM music, which right now sounds very good. So once that gets polished up I'm assuming that 32x Delta could get ported to that with said music.

15 hours ago, Wavy said:

Unfortunately not. The way Doom 32x runs its music in the GEMS audio driver, and creating/porting new music to the ROM itself is a pain.

However, a homebrew port of Doom to the 32x called Doom 32x Resurrection has support for VGM music, which right now sounds very good. So once that gets polished up I'm assuming that 32x Delta could get ported to that with said music.

What she/he said. Also Plutonia E1 is resuming development.

1 hour ago, Roebloz said:

What she/he said.

I'm a he ;)

Well, it did not work so...Yeah. I will be adding the 3 map demo to the main RHDN release, and let @Wavy continue posting their updates on Doom 32x Delta: Hell on Earth here. As for me, I think the project is pretty much done as after all, we were going for the full Doom 1 experience. Also, me and @TheLesha are currently making a Sonic 1 ROM Hack for SHC2021 (Silver Sonic's Revenge), so we do not have time to focus on Delta anyways considering the deadline is in a month. If you want to keep up with that, you may do so here. https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/my-project-silver-sonic-in-sonic-1.40152/

Anyways, good luck Wavy.

Thanks for all the work you put into this @Roebloz!

BTW I need @TheLesha to tell me how to change what map the game ends on as right now it still ends after MAP08.

(If you want we can handle this through DMs or through the Discord.)

On 8/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, Wavy said:

Thanks for all the work you put into this @Roebloz!

BTW I need @TheLesha to tell me how to change what map the game ends on as right now it still ends after MAP08.

(If you want we can handle this through DMs or through the Discord.)

He will help you through Discord I think.

5 hours ago, Roebloz said:

He will help you through Discord I think.

Nice. Really all I have to do now is do MAP11, and change the story text. After that I can release it =)

19 hours ago, Wavy said:

Nice. Really all I have to do now is do MAP11, and change the story text. After that I can release it =)

I will take care of the RHDN release if you don't mind (Not trying to steal your work, just so I can have both the original Delta and the Hell on Earth release on my profile at once, since I am the leader of the project after all, and I have experience with releasing stuff to RHDN. I will credit you don't worry. Also if you want me to record some footage for a "trailer", then send me the ROM once its done)

2 hours ago, Roebloz said:

I will take care of the RHDN release if you don't mind (Not trying to steal your work, just so I can have both the original Delta and the Hell on Earth release on my profile at once, since I am the leader of the project after all, and I have experience with releasing stuff to RHDN. I will credit you don't worry. Also if you want me to record some footage for a "trailer", then send me the ROM once its done)

I'm fine if you release it on RHDN and create a trailer for it. Plus you're the project leader anyways so all I need is credit.

2 hours ago, Wavy said:

I'm fine if you release it on RHDN and create a trailer for it. Plus you're the project leader anyways so all I need is credit.

Don't worry I don't steal work from others.

Here is a small preview video of @Wavy's Hell on Earth MAPs 01-03. I forgot to record sound (Yes, I am still stuck on my Windows XP) and thus, it's a silent preview. Oh well. 

6 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Here is a small preview video of @Wavy's Hell on Earth MAPs 01-03. I forgot to record sound (Yes, I am still stuck on my Windows XP) and thus, it's a silent preview. Oh well. 

FYI I've done some further tweaking to some of the maps here for optimization and what-not so everything here won't be the "exact" same (though what I've done is very minor).

Even though it is a bit offtopic, progress on me and Lesha's Sonic ROM Hack for SHC is going well.

Would like to announce that Doom 32x: Delta - Hell on Earth Part 1 is basically complete! Expect the release very soon!

14 hours ago, Wavy said:

Would like to announce that Doom 32x: Delta - Hell on Earth Part 1 is basically complete! Expect the release very soon!

Send the ROM to me via Discord once done, and I will take care of the rest.

Unrelated to Delta still, but I have finished my Sonic 1 ROM hack and uploaded the trailer to YT. 

It will be released at SHC2021. Anyway, I may work on something Delta-related soon.

Alright so! Two news for Delta (And one question)

Lets start with the question. @Wavy are you working on porting Episode 2 of Doom II? Thank you.

Now, first news. I will soon be making a new video series called "Doom 32x Delta - Comparisons between PC and Delta" which is exactly what you think, aka me showing off the major differences between Delta and the original PC/DOS version. While this does kinda spoil the whole "How has he gotten this working?" and thus makes the port a bit less interesting to play through, this will give insight on how I went about with porting the maps and I think it will be pretty fun.

Second news, I am working on the upcoming "cousin" to Cacosweeper (Yes, yet another minigame). And trust me, this one will be quite...robotic.

12 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

@Wavy are you working on porting Episode 2 of Doom II? Thank you.

Well, eventually. Right now I've been spending time with school and working on other projects (one of them being a Doom CP). I'll start work on it when I can, but expect it to be sooner rather than later ;)

Well, the robotic thing is still in the works! I don't really have much more incentive to post here, aside from asking @Wavy how the Doom 2 porting is going.

The robotic thing didnt work to my liking, and Im not feeling motivated towards it, so...Might finish Plutonia. Not guaranteeing it, but I might.

Edited by Roebloz

It's been a little while, hasn't it? Well, no idea what @Wavyis doing, and @TheLeshahas been offline fron Discord for almost a week now so...Yeah.

Anyway, wanted to tell three things:

-Finished a TFC Pyro frag montage, so the big Doom 32x Delta VS Doom DOS video is coming up next.

-The Sonic Hacking Contest 2021 has started, so the entries (Including me and Lesha's are available for download. You can find ours here. (It's pretty janky though) https://shc.zone/entries/contest2021/478

-Go 2 It

I haven't had much time to develop episode 2 because of a certain other Doom 32x project I'm helping on, as well as other things.

I'm still keen on doing episode 2 mind you, I just need to be less busy. Sorry about that.

Alright so, three things to say:

-I have gotten into contact with Lesha through email, turns out his phone's USB port fried so he couldn't go on Discord.

-I am starting the comparison video.

-I have submitted my SHC2021 entry (Silver Sonic's Revenge) to RHDN, so it will be more openly available.

Oh and bonus thing: I am working on a Metroid ROM Hack. It's pretty far in development, but don't ask for a release date.

(Yes I know I have been milking this thread for a while now and it's really dry)

I need your opinion on this one: Would you rather have me only show the important changes, or all the changes (Even minor ones)?