Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

Well, I guess not that tommorow...I will try to get it done over the weekend. Heh...

4 hours ago, Roebloz said:

Coming this summer...

unknown.png?width=771&height=578

What is this unholy image

MAP04 is done, however I will wait until MAP05 is also finished before releasing an update to the demo.

Well, here is the MAP04 video. 

(If you haven't already, PLEASE consider subscribing to the channel since we are so close to 700 subs)

7 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Well, here is the MAP04 video. 

(If you haven't already, PLEASE consider subscribing to the channel since we are so close to 700 subs)

Great work!

Also I just subscribed to your channel ;)

Alright, back to work. Minecraft 32x: Order of the Stone is still in a design and early testing phase, while Plutonia's MAP05 (Ghost Town) has been started.

Here's the latest d32xr + delta patch for official US ROM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dy4oUY2Ga5GFjyZB0IqmV7hHu8cT8gwZ/view?usp=sharing

No sounds, music, monster rotations or menus - sorry but something had to give to fit the Delta levels into a 4MB ROM! You can still acccess the main menu during the game by pressing start. You can change the resolution by pressing down once and then pressing left or right. Pressing start again will exit the menu

5 hours ago, Vic said:

Here's the latest d32xr + delta patch for official US ROM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dy4oUY2Ga5GFjyZB0IqmV7hHu8cT8gwZ/view?usp=sharing

No sounds, music, monster rotations or menus - sorry but something had to give to fit the Delta levels into a 4MB ROM! You can still acccess the main menu during the game by pressing start. You can change the resolution by pressing down once and then pressing left or right. Pressing start again will exit the menu

Which levels are there?

Just now, Roebloz said:

Which levels are there?

I haven't tested the patch but I think it's for episode 1

Which levels are there?

Episode 1

MAP05 is going along pretty well, however I am currently focused on my 700 sub special (Which I will be releasing tommorow, and will link in this thread for convenience.)

10 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

MAP05 is going along pretty well, however I am currently focused on my 700 sub special (Which I will be releasing tommorow, and will link in this thread for convenience.)

Nice!

On my end, MAP10 is nearly finished. Just need to fix some textures up.

Edit: I realised that I should probably share screenshots of some of the maps. I'll do it when I finish MAP10

Even though most of you won't really care, here is my 700 sub special. One visit to the pool, and then it's back to focusing on Delta.

15 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Minecraft 32x: Now with Skeletons!

unknown.png?width=766&height=577

This is singlehandedly the best thing I've seen all day

19 hours ago, Wavy said:

This is singlehandedly the best thing I've seen all day

Thanks mate.

MAP05 is still being worked on, its a bit hard to get working as its well, Ghost Town. Expect a demo update soon.

Current state of MAP05: Z_Malloc tradition, flats have all been replaced, textures halfway replaced...Time to use ZA HANDO on some areas...

Current state of Minecraft 32x: Got the status bar, Creepers and Endermen working...Time to make some cool levels with this.  unknown.png?width=771&height=577

My Windows 10 laptop is currently sorta broken, so I obviously can't work on Delta while it's broken.

My Windows 10 laptop is currently sorta broken, so I obviously can't work on Delta while it's broken.

Damn. Hope it gets fixed soon

Welp, computer js still broken so Doom 32x Delta: Plutonia is on hold for now... @Wavyit would be cool to have your status updates

17 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

@Wavyit would be cool to have your status updates

My bad. I haven't been able to work on it much recently. I'll finish off MAP10 today and release some screenshots.

Ok, MAP10 is finished so I feel as if I shall share some screenshots, so here they are for MAP01-10

Note that this is one large image

Spoiler

Doom2-32x.png.1adbcb6c58f830e2bfc93b05b35c4323.png

Now all I need to do is MAP11 as well as some balancing. Expect the release for Hell on Earth Part 1 sometime next week!

Wow, this looks like it's an amazing improvement to the 32x port. I would be grateful to try it, including Doom GBA Delta. Amazing job as always, I'm looking forward for new updates

Does anyone here know what's going on in vanilla map10 in this area?

You can see that a couple of crates having the sides missing, but I'm not entirely sure whether it's a bug in the map itself or some kind of overflow.

1 hour ago, Vic said:

Does anyone here know what's going on in vanilla map10 in this area?

You can see that a couple of crates having the sides missing, but I'm not entirely sure whether it's a bug in the map itself or some kind of overflow.

It's just poorly built map nodes. I rebuilt the nodes with ZDBSP and it appears fine

doom32x_map10000.png.d610eac9c6940b799c0691e77dd798b7.png

The problem here is that in D32XR the glitch looks like this, which I personally find slightly less acceptable than simply skipping the "bad" lines/nodes. So it'd be ideal to know what exactly is going wrong with those nodes.

image.png.664ff994df642ece5d85950283091ff9.png

14 minutes ago, Vic said:

it'd be ideal to know what exactly is going wrong with those nodes. 

Well I can't really help with that, my apologies.

29 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Well I can't really help with that, my apologies.

Sure, np. We should probably simply ignore this and instead go all over the original maps and recompile the nodes instead.