Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

24 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

It's birthday today, so I'm not working on Plutonia. 

Happy birthday!

7 hours ago, Roebloz said:

It's birthday today, so I'm not working on Plutonia. 

Happiest of birthdays!! =D

1 hour ago, Roebloz said:

Thanks to everyone :D

But now, it is time for:

pluoniehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

da pluoniehh escperimat 34x

Roebloz, its an honor to have you here in this community.

The fact that Our Lord and Savior Romero has noticed you, the senpai himself, means you have unlocked the key to eternity.

(Well, getting your work on the Unity Port or getting a Cacoward are other ventures worth getting into!)

But really, thank you for what you are doing. Your dedication is inspiring for others to follow.

10 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Roebloz, its an honor to have you here in this community.

The fact that Our Lord and Savior Romero has noticed you, the senpai himself, means you have unlocked the key to eternity.

(Well, getting your work on the Unity Port or getting a Cacoward are other ventures worth getting into!)

But really, thank you for what you are doing. Your dedication is inspiring for others to follow.

No problem, Redneckerz. I see you still enjoy that Cacosweeper Easter egg, eh?

5 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

No problem, Redneckerz. I see you still enjoy that Cacosweeper Easter egg, eh?

I keep that shot you sent me close to heart. You deserve it all, sir. :)

Okay now, back to the porting board. MAP01 of Plutonia is 100% finished, so its onto MAP02! I will release a video and a demo patch once maps 1-3 are finished for you to give me some feedback on. (The main reason I'm doing this is because of difficulty, as it's a bit tricky to go from the D2 monster set to the D1 monster set, minus the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, and I want your guys's input on the difficulty since I want to keep this as close to Plutonia difficulty as possible, while still being fair due to the controls of the 32x.)

2 hours ago, Vic said:

Well that is smooth. Now all we need is music and a proper HUD. Basically uh, finish it you know?

14 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Well that is smooth. Now all we need is music and a proper HUD. Basically uh, finish it you know?

The performance is going to be noticeably worse on real hardware though. Maybe more performance can be squeezed out of it with hotspots optimized in assembly.

We also need directional monster sprites, which aren't going to fit into the 4MB cart limit, let alone with music. So bank switching is pretty much a must-have feature too.. To put it short: there's much work ahead :)

Here are some more entertainment for you!

UPD: wow, 200 views!

Edited by Dimon12321

1 hour ago, Dimon12321 said:

Dang you were onto this real fast. Good job!

5 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

Wow. The first Doom 32x Delta TAS.

Hey all, Doom GBA: Delta Episode 5 has been released!

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

Hey all, Doom GBA: Delta Episode 5 has been released!

Nice! I am currently working on the parody Deem episode because it is a lot of fun to do whatever.

E1M3 of Deem is done! Oh and I have a question: Is there any Wolf3D level you really like? (Apart from E1L1 and E1L9)

24 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Wolf3D level you really like? (Apart from E1L1 and E1L9)

E3F9

E2L2 is pretty cool and Doom-like. So can be said about E2L6, especially if you import Wolf's violet "organic" wall texture.

Roebloz, thanks for the 32x port of Sigil.

Since there are many versions of Doom supported on RetroAchievements, but none of Sigil, I decided to make a set of achievements for it. If someone wants to try it, it's as simple as creating an account there, link RetroArch to it, and play using RetroArch.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:31 AM, guineu said:

Roebloz, thanks for the 32x port of Sigil.

Since there are many versions of Doom supported on RetroAchievements, but none of Sigil, I decided to make a set of achievements for it. If someone wants to try it, it's as simple as creating an account there, link RetroArch to it, and play using RetroArch.

Now that is cool. You should make some for the other episodes.

Alright, I decided to give you a small sneak peek of Congo. And by small peek I mean the whole level.

MAP02 has been started!

Oh, and my SIGIL beast box that Romero offered me freely is almost here so that's nice.

MAP02 is done boys! Sorry for the slow progress reports, I'm concentrated on finals and shit right now. One more and you can experience a cool demo.

12 hours ago, Roebloz said:

MAP02 is done boys! Sorry for the slow progress reports, I'm concentrated on finals and shit right now. One more and you can experience a cool demo.

On my end, Doom 2 32x Delta part 1 is nearly finished. Just need to do some fine tuning.

Also, does that invisible bridge made with the self-ref sector work on 32x? Would be real sick if it does!

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

On my end, Doom 2 32x Delta part 1 is nearly finished. Just need to do some fine tuning.

Also, does that invisible bridge made with the self-ref sector work on 32x? Would be real sick if it does!

It doesn't since the 32x replaces missing textures automatically.

Is this real life? SIGIL running on a 32X? Jaw droppingly awesome work goddamn. If i would've known about the 32X version of Doom back in the day i definitely would've asked Santa to bring me a MegaDrive and a 32X instead of the Super Nintendo i got.