Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snaxalotl

Ante Mortem (UDMF) Development Thread: Map07 "Stygian Odyssey" Released 7/21/22

9 hours ago, Snaxalotl said:

DYNAMIC LIGHTS ARE IMPORTANT :>

Ofcourse they are. Jokes aside I'm gonne give this a go ASAP. It might take some time because there is a lot going on atm but I'll do my best.

Top marks from me. On level 4 so far and it's been great. Difficult but not too bad as one would expect.

Love wads with the fast-phase weapons.

new map is cool - if I can be honest, I enjoyed it better than a few past ventures. Either I got less shitty at Doom or this one was more forgiving, or the style met my capabilities - still not a fan of long maps and I had JUST enough time to play it - but the atmosphere and layout was spectacular - you are devious with your monster placements especially in open areas - I streamed it but nobody was up that stupid early lol - great times - Super Charge compliments your work so well

Oh yeah I forgot to post it here.  Had a lot of fun with this as it's a huge, non-linear and beautiful map.  Played for the second time yet choosing different paths made it feel new, definitely rewards replays.

This one's good stuff. Nice reset from map 05 in intensity but it's certainly not numbing either. I like the intricate approach to a "smaller" overall area, gives lots of clues about its progression. A couple of fights got a bit awkward and not a fan of the slowing water but it's otherwise Supercharge in full stride.

This one is pretty great. Expansive non-linearity that doesn't get confusing, interesting visual setpieces as usual, and high-octane action. As I've said a few times, it's a shame more people haven't played it. It might not be the classic Doom they are looking for, but it's fucking fun and the levels seem to get better and better.

8 hours ago, LVENdead said:

This one is pretty great. Expansive non-linearity that doesn't get confusing, interesting visual setpieces as usual, and high-octane action. As I've said a few times, it's a shame more people haven't played it. It might not be the classic Doom they are looking for, but it's fucking fun and the levels seem to get better and better.

Hey thanks for giving these a playthrough on your channel, your input on maps 1 and 2 back in the day were very helpful towards improving on my mapping. So it was nice to see you return to it once I had refined and gotten a lot more experience. :>