Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

@RileyXY1

the map were on the shorter side to I combined them into one video. Nice job on both map did not find any bug or missing textures. I did notice a lot of door tracts are unpaged.  Some advice for future map is try not to put so many doors, because you can door camp like I did with the spider mastermind. It can also slow down the flow of the map when you have to open like 5 doors to back track. Instead of doors you can use platforms lowering bars and teleporters.

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe : words

2 hours ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

I like the theme of the map its well done. I did have some trouble finding the switch in the library maybe add a few more book cases to give it more of a library feel

Thank you, Bloodbath Giraffe! I'll look into changing stuff around a bit! 

These are nordic viking demons, they have a small library ;) 

@SilverMiner

Nice open world I liked how you can choose how to tackle fight and how best to get the keys. I did not find any bug or missing textures. With that I think I tested everyone's map if not please let me know. 

@Bloodbath Giraffe

Thanks for playthrough and feedback!

P.S.

That satyr switch near red key reveals bfg (that's now I think only makes sense for continuous play but useless when the most baddies on the map are taken down already)

Ladies and Gentleman i wanna present to you the new updated version of Attack of the 8th flying tomatoes V2...i added the V2 to tell eveyone "hey, this is an updated". So there would no confusing.

The changes i've made to the map: 

1. I re done all the enemies, health, weapons and ammo placements.

2. I made some changes to the map for more of a old school feel and a slug fest (in UV at least).

3. i added a yellow key for a "special" reward ;)-

For the UV players:

4. I added traps and made it a little Plutoinan-eque with enemies.

5. I added a bit more of health/power ups so i don't hear "goddamn it scavenger! you should of put a soul sphere here!" or "you're an ass for making starve for health and ammo".

6. Remember UV players Super-Shotgun is your best friend in this fight and the plasma rifle as well towards the end of the map.

Overall for the community:

I changed the MIDI to Doom 1 E2M2 (the demons from Adrian's pen) from Space Storm by Bobby Prince from Duke Nukem 3D.

I also wanna thank CBM for letting me fix/rework the map and i'm happy to say i have it finish before the end of 2021 (At least for me in my reign). 

I will admit when first making this map i had the mindset of "I just wanted to finish this before deadline", after seeing CBM and Bloodbath Giraffe videos i was like "i need to rework/fix this map, it looks like trash". So i did.

And now it's reworked/fixed and ready to be play tested and record the play through both HMP and UV.

Hope y'all enjoy the reworked/fixed version of Attack of the 8 flying tomatoes.

Remember if there's bugs or issues let me know please.

Happy New year!

On 12/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

@knifeworld

Good map with a nice flow. I think I might of broke the map right before the red key I shot the switch to open the bars before I picked up the red key. It did not effect by ability to finish the map. I did catch one missing texture in the blue key room with the archvile on the back side of the 1/2 wall.

Thanks! I don't know how on earth i missed this mention, but either way I've been busy with IRL stuff + finishing my map for DW Maximum project (submitted earlier, now i can focus on my map for 30 monsters project lol), will watch your playthru later today!

The shootable switch is normal to escape the bars, no problemo, they're only meant to be a temporary trap or quick scare so the AVS and hitscanners can be a bit more dangerous.

As for missing textures, I'll have a look at that and see if i can spot any others.

Oops lol. I can fix that right now, thanks for pointing it out and i'm glade you like the newer version of it. I'm still happy that CBM let me go back and fix it. I'll get that fixed right now.

Edit: Ok it's fixed now, i can't believe i forgot to make that damaging lol

On 12/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

@RileyXY1

the map were on the shorter side to I combined them into one video. Nice job on both map did not find any bug or missing textures. I did notice a lot of door tracts are unpaged.  Some advice for future map is try not to put so many doors, because you can door camp like I did with the spider mastermind. It can also slow down the flow of the map when you have to open like 5 doors to back track. Instead of doors you can use platforms lowering bars and teleporters.

I'm gonna have the door camping Spider Mastermind issue fixed shortly.

And I fixed it. Now, the door leading into the Spider Mastermind room and the door before that stay open to reduce door camping.

I edited my copy because I didn't really want to listen to Running with Evil. I edited MAP02 to instead play the JPCP MAP05 music, MAP10 to play the AV MAP04 music, and MAP11 to play the AV MAP09 music.

6 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I edited my copy because I didn't really want to listen to Running with Evil. I edited MAP02 to instead play the JPCP MAP05 music, MAP10 to play the AV MAP04 music, and MAP11 to play the AV MAP09 music.

we should consider adding these changes to the uploader

Also MAP17 is crashing GZDoom for me once I open it. I might also take one of the unused map names and create a level for it.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:44 AM, RileyXY1 said:

Also MAP17 is crashing GZDoom for me once I open it. I might also take one of the unused map names and create a level for it.

8 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I'm interested in finally bringing to life Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon.

I could give you a map slot if you need one

you can always start to make the map and post some screenshots in this thread and then I'd have a slot ready for you soon

On 2/9/2022 at 12:44 AM, RileyXY1 said:

after I removed all the empty slots then there is no slot 17/map 17 anymore

slot 15/map 15 is the next one that can become available if you want to make a map for it

6 hours ago, CBM said:

after I removed all the empty slots then there is no slot 17/map 17 anymore

slot 15/map 15 is the next one that can become available if you want to make a map for it

Slots 15 and 16 were already filled by my own maps, those being "Bone Ward" and "Robot Hell".  "Dead City" was the slot 17 that caused crashing. I could create a new map to replace that one, along with "Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon" in slot 18.

31 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

Slots 15 and 16 were already filled by my own maps, those being "Bone Ward" and "Robot Hell".  "Dead City" was the slot 17 that caused crashing. I could create a new map to replace that one, along with "Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon" in slot 18.

ahh yes, you are correct.. sorry bout that please do that.. let me know if you need pin numbers

I've added the ability for users to add their own map slots now... its internal counter is messed up so you may have to manually tell it that its map 18 your adding - let me know if you run into issues

Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon will be a claustrophobic rock cavern-type map with a Cyberdemon in a center room. It will use the Heretic E1M4 theme as its background music. Dead City will be a mostly empty city-type map with a unknown music track (but it will be from Hexen).

3 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon will be a claustrophobic rock cavern-type map with a Cyberdemon in a center room. It will use the Heretic E1M4 theme as its background music. Dead City will be a mostly empty city-type map with a unknown music track (but it will be from Hexen).

nice

4 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

Dead City is nearly done. Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon is gonna get more work done.

sounds good

6 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

The layout of Dead City looks like a cross with four buildings to explore. I might add more.

I love city themed maps

Dead City will drop in the next couple days. I have the entire layout of the map done. I just need to add things to it and beat the map on the Ultra-Violence skill setting before I put it out.

13 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

Dead City will drop in the next couple days. I have the entire layout of the map done. I just need to add things to it and beat the map on the Ultra-Violence skill setting before I put it out.

cool

And I submitted Dead City. And now both it and Prison of Burning are in the MAP10 slot. I want this one moved to the MAP17 slot, completely replacing the old one.

1 hour ago, RileyXY1 said:

Until this mistake is fixed I'm advising not to download the WAD.

I think I may have fixed it now

we may need to make the final product outside the uploader since the map numbers are wrong

Edited by CBM